Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is Tesla gonna prevent looters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine being that oblivious to the continued genocide of black people that you're sitting there worried about "looting".

One can simultaneously want to protect what they love while supporting protestors.

Plus it's easier to focus on what you do know versus the complex problem of policing.

With that being said I don't think a Tesla is really attractive to a looter. A lot of looters seem to have ties to organized crime so the last thing they want is someone to drive a tracking device to where they meet up,

Tesla's are really not much of a target since there is no after-market for Tesla parts. The big reason that the most stolen cars are also the top sellers is that chop-shops can make bank by parting them out. People who can only afford a Corolla will always be looking for a 'discount' deal on parts. And there are millions of Corolla owners.

One can simultaneously want to protect what they love while supporting protestors.

Plus it's easier to focus on what you do know versus the complex problem of policing.

With that being said I don't think a Tesla is really attractive to a looter. A lot of looters seem to have ties to organized crime so the last thing they want is someone to drive a tracking device to where they meet up,

It's hard for some people to have two opposite thoughts at the same time.

Back to the topic, our local mall in AZ was looted (NOT by protestors) which has the Tesla store. I was wondering if it was looted for accessories/clothes etc..

Just to put into perspective. A few cars are unimportant. Right here off the coast in GA less than a year ago a ship capsized carrying about 4200 cars. Probably no one here remembers or cares that 4200 cars were lost. The cars lost was one of the least important parts of the problems involved since crew members were trapped, oil is still leaking and it is still there being cut and removed almost a year later.

Also I live in the city and 4 of the last 6 days (and will today also) I have gone to the epicenter of the protests (Centennial Olympic Park, Collage Football Hall of Fame, CNN Center). Yes there has been damage, looting and some violence but it is a SMALL minority. The vast majority are protestors (not rioters) exercising their 1st amendment rights. HOWEVER sad as it is glass, merchandise and certainly cars (even Teslas) can be replaced but the weight of history won't care about that.

Yesterday morning protestors starting to gather as others go about daily life.
IMG_4285.jpeg

Collage Football Hall of Fame now waiting.
IMG_4291.jpeg

Looking out on my balcony yesterday.
IMG_4250.jpeg

A peaceful view across the Park.
IMG_4269.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1.21GW
Imagine being that oblivious to the continued genocide of black people that you're sitting there worried about "looting".

Surprising New Evidence Shows Bias in Police Use of Force but Not in Shootings

If there is genocide in this country it has nothing to do with police. How many die at the hands of their citizen neighbors each weekend in Chicago, Baltimore, St. Louis...........

Opinion | Good Policing Saves Black Lives

The economic blight caused by the riots will hurt these communities for decades.

That fake $20 bill caused so much damage beyond its initial potential loss.

If George Floyd just used real money nobody would be looting on a national scale. Or If that cop just take Floyd to the police station and not kill him. If George Floyd just robbed a store with a gun, maybe that cop who killed him would be late to show up and let him get away.

The main thing i am wondering is why did Floyd stick around to let cops arrest him when the store employee called the cops? If he was dishonest enough to try use a fake $20 bill why would he not consider taking off when police were on the way?

All this looting and rioting on a global scale over $20!!!

• Funny
Reactions: israndy
Status
Not open for further replies.