Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is Tesla service? Wary of sloppy dealer work.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new Tesla Plaid is a verified Tesla. It came with a small dent UNDER the paint, not the best fitting body panels, etc. I am happy with all that. From past other brand dealership experiences, I am wary of sloppy work and crooked practices.

There is one thing I should have fixed though. Somehow the gap between the drivers door and the front fender is quite small and sometimes hits. It actually chipped a small notch of paint on the edge. I'm ok with this too but am worried it will get worse.

Should I trust the Tesla "wrenchers" to provide a quality adjustment or can I expect new squeaks and creaks when I get it back? Right now the car is dead silent and want to keep it that way.

My new Tesla Plaid is a verified Tesla. It came with a small dent UNDER the paint, not the best fitting body panels, etc. I am happy with all that. From past other brand dealership experiences, I am wary of sloppy work and crooked practices.

There is one thing I should have fixed though. Somehow the gap between the drivers door and the front fender is quite small and sometimes hits. It actually chipped a small notch of paint on the edge. I'm ok with this too but am worried it will get worse.

Should I trust the Tesla "wrenchers" to provide a quality adjustment or can I expect new squeaks and creaks when I get it back? Right now the car is dead silent and want to keep it that way.
Personally, I'd take it to the local body shop, not necessarily Tesla. In my fifty plus years of experience, the body shop has had a lot more experience with fixing things like mis-aligned doors, etc., than your local Tesla service center, and will be able to touch up your paint wear. Heck, you can order touch up paint from Tesla yourself. But door alignment sometimes takes a little work, and a body shop is more familiar with that than Tesla might be.

I don't see how adjusting a door will give you squeaks and creaks, at least not from the door. If I were to try to fix this I'd probably stick a piece of eighth-inch plastic between the hinge and the body as a spacer, but you'd have to be careful that it wouldn't push the door back far enough to make it start hitting at the rear of the door. It's an easy job, more or less: I think it's only three screws.