Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is the suspension firmness/feel in colder tempertures, especially the P85+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The P85+ has different suspension components. Anyone know since the bushings (or other parts a s well) are different that they would ride more firm, percent wise, in the cold vs the standard bushings. I assume any car rides firmer in the cold but how much probably depends on the suspension/tires . I have not driven any Model S in colder temperatures. Since I'm pondering to drive the Tesla in the winter and was considering the P85 and the P85+, I'm concerned that the P+ might be too firm. I'd definitely use 19 winter tires.

I have driven a P85+ in May with Winter 21 inch tires and it had a very firm ride.

We drove ours through MN winter on a set of dedicated 19" snow tires/wheels - really not a problem. The ride becomes slightly stiffer when it gets very cold (as in below 0) but our AMG and BMW M cars were much worse.

Get the P+ if you can afford it but plan on buying a set of 19" winter wheels. You can get them for under $2k.