Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is the Vancouver delivery & service experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

My better half and I are getting close to finally ordering our Model Y. I've been reading a ton in the TMC community and hearing of a wide range of delivery and post-delivery service experiences around the US and Canada. However, I haven't seen much written about the GVA.

First off, where do things happen currently? We did our test drive at the Robson location back in August, and will be doing another in the next 1-3 weeks and placing our order from there. But I believe that is just a sales office? I know there's a service centre at Powell & Commercial, and from some older threads it sounds like deliveries maybe used to happen out of that location too, but then there's the Great Northern Way location over by MEC which looks to be a pick-up location. Do you have a choice between these two? If so, is one a better choice than the other? Why? Can you share any experiences you've had in either place, good or bad?

For after-delivery sales, I gather it is done at the Powell location. Do Tesla also do mobile service (the rangers) in greater Vancouver? What are they like to deal with? You see a lot of great experiences in TMC and a lot of "they won't fix this or that" as it's "within spec" when it looks quite bad (alignment of various bits of the car mostly). Are the Vancouver staff generally accommodating or dismissive?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide about real-world experiences with Tesla in the GVA. Very much appreciated!

As I understand, from my delivery rep on June 30th, Powell is now the Mobile Service base, W 4th is the Service Centre, and Great Northern Way is the only Delivery Centre.

FYI the Great Northern Way location is much larger than Powell, in both indoor and outdoor space. Your delivery rep is your friend; work with him/her to document any delivery issues. Like I've mentioned in the other thread, they can fix a lot of things on site, you just have to wait a bit. Paint issues that they can't fix on site need higher-ups approval and isn't easy to get, but know that you've the rights to refuse delivery.

Oh and FYI you can bring your own ICBC agent, if, say you've pre-selected a plate from him/her.

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung