Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is this even possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 SR+ is set it to charge each night to 90% (as usual) and should have returned 216 miles at best (240 @ 90% = 216).

Instead at 5:10 this morning it's showing 223 miles?

Charge.jpg

That's one of the bigger discrepancies I've seen, but quite a few people have seen this happen where the charge level is occasionally overshot. It can happen for a variety of reasons, the most common being temperature changes...not usually an issue in SoCal, though. The other main one is thought to be simply the BMS estimate of miles being off. I'd be curious what the percentage readout is.

Yea I had mine set to about 190 miles and when I checked this morning it had gone up to 213 miles on the same limit. I saw someone on twitter had like 50 extra miles on their charge.

Any ideas on what’s going on? I never take my car below 50 miles (except road trips) so I’m not willing to test if it’s fake miles.

That's one of the bigger discrepancies I've seen, but quite a few people have seen this happen where the charge level is occasionally overshot. It can happen for a variety of reasons, the most common being temperature changes...not usually an issue in SoCal, though. The other main one is thought to be simply the BMS estimate of miles being off. I'd be curious what the percentage readout is.

On another APP that I have it was showing 93% level to a 90% limit.

What's interesting is that I normally show 214 to 215 miles on a full 90% charge.