TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How is this math working?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by jeanvaljean, Jul 31, 2018.

1. jeanvaljean

jeanvaljean Member

A few days ago, I placed an order for an AWD (non-performance) model 3, white interior, blue exterior, 19" wheels - I'm super excited. Says Sep-Nov delivery estimate, which I'm having trouble understanding.

I know estimates are just estimates, but: the end of November is ~17 weeks away, which is 85k cars at 5k cars/week, and 119k cars at 7k cars/week. Say there are 400k people ahead of me in line.

I know they're holding off on all base models for now, but it's easy to imagine that a third of those 400k people are willing to pay for the long range or AWD or performance model.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this deadline unlikely to get hit?

2. zanary

zanary Member

You also forgot about overseas reservation holders (those outside the US and Canada) also make up the 400,000.

3. Knightshade

Knightshade Active Member

Yeah. there's nowhere near 400k ahead of you. Likely not even 100k.

The rest are either outside the US, or waiting on the SR model.

4. jeanvaljean

jeanvaljean Member

Nice, you guys are making me feel better. fingers crossed!

5. kiartu

kiartu Member

I'm in the 'over the month since configure' bucket... And I'm right there with you guys... slowly losing my mind staring at the order page. ;P