Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is your MYP 21" tires right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it is surprised me how fast the rear tires worn out compare with front tires.

I use 19" with Pirreli Sottozero for all 4 tires in the winter. The displayed range increased a bit when switching to 19" in setting.

Like other threads discussed, in winter, the car uses lots of energy to warm up battery every time when you drive. The range is not an issue for me as I just drive it to work, park for 8 hrs. You can keep it plug in if your company have charging ports.

Yeah, just trying to think about hockey trips for my son for instance. GTA to Ottawa is ~450km in the winter, and can easily be in the -20c or below temp range. So wondering if one stop is enough, or if I'd also have to charge when I get to the hotel sort of thing so that by morn I have at least 60% or so for early games.

Buffalo (another popular one) is only 170km or so.

Darn range anxiety preventing me from pulling the trigger!

Yeah, just trying to think about hockey trips for my son for instance. GTA to Ottawa is ~450km in the winter, and can easily be in the -20c or below temp range. So wondering if one stop is enough, or if I'd also have to charge when I get to the hotel sort of thing so that by morn I have at least 60% or so for early games.

Buffalo (another popular one) is only 170km or so.

Darn range anxiety preventing me from pulling the trigger!
Not sure about going to Ottawa in winter (guess you will need 2 charges).

To Buffalo, you definitely need 1 charge in winter. I did not try in winter, but even in summer with 95% SOC, I got back home with about 18% left without charging.

My personal experience, I have 1500km free supercharge, but never used it so far.

Not sure about going to Ottawa in winter (guess you will need 2 charges).

To Buffalo, you definitely need 1 charge in winter. I did not try in winter, but even in summer with 95% SOC, I got back home with about 18% left without charging.

My personal experience, I have 1500km free supercharge, but never used it so far.

One charge to get to Buffalo? Or you mean one charge to get there and back?

These are 280 rating.
10/32 tread depth.
After 12,000km (7500mi) my tire tread wear all around was 7/32. So I didn’t notice uneven tread wear last summer.

Currently my summer tire total is 26,850km (16780mi), I will report back in 4 weeks what the tire tread is when the wheels go off the car. Running michelin PA5 square on 20” niche wheels, seems to do OK, but we don’t get as much snow so I went for a more performance setup foe the winter.

I would consider the michelin pilot sport EV as the replacement for the pirellis, but doubt they will be much better.

These are 280 rating.
10/32 tread depth.
After 12,000km (7500mi) my tire tread wear all around was 7/32. So I didn’t notice uneven tread wear last summer.

Currently my summer tire total is 26,850km (16780mi), I will report back in 4 weeks what the tire tread is when the wheels go off the car. Running michelin PA5 square on 20” niche wheels, seems to do OK, but we don’t get as much snow so I went for a more performance setup foe the winter.

I would consider the michelin pilot sport EV as the replacement for the pirellis, but doubt they will be much better.
Thanks for all info you provided.

These are 280 rating.
10/32 tread depth.

So to update on this.

Not sure how my reading at 12,000km (7500mi) at the SC was 7/32...

Since I took the tires off today, I have exactly 30,000km (18,750mi), and the reading we got today on the summer factory tires is 7/32 all around.
So far the tires have performed flawlessly.

Reactions: MacZ