Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How is your white interior doing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use this to clean my interior and exterior

autogeek_2268_320991706

My white seats look brand new almost 6 months later. No kids. Clean them every week

• Love
Reactions: JasontheBeaver
After about 18 months, my seats have remained pretty clean. I clean them with alcohol every couple of weeks. No staining on the back seats due to seat belts...

However...There are some slight "stretch marks" in the material on the outside bolsters on the drivers seat, and very small (almost imperceptible) stretch marks in the center section of the front passenger seat...I'm keeping an eye on them...

• Informative
Reactions: Jomak
After about 18 months, my seats have remained pretty clean. I clean them with alcohol every couple of weeks. No staining on the back seats due to seat belts...

However...There are some slight "stretch marks" in the material on the outside bolsters on the drivers seat, and very small (almost imperceptible) stretch marks in the center section of the front passenger seat...I'm keeping an eye on them...
Yeah I've seen these stretch marks on several Tesla seats. doesn't appear you can do anything about them, just live with it until you want to cover them up or have those panels replaced by an upholstery shop.

The funny thing is you will encounter people who swear their white seats are like new, but when you look closely, you can tell they are starting to darken. Heck, just look at the passenger vs. driver's seat as a delta ...the passenger seat is generally a tad whiter. If they don't have kids, the rear seats are often similar.
And what's the problem with that? The OP asked how are white interiors holding up. Several of us say "fine." You can nitpick that there is wear but same can be said of any interior regardless of color. So long as we can state we're happy, that answers his question.

Reactions: Jomak
And what's the problem with that? The OP asked how are white interiors holding up. Several of us say "fine." You can nitpick that there is wear but same can be said of any interior regardless of color. So long as we can state we're happy, that answers his question.
The problem is, when people say they still look "NEW". Everything else you said I agree with, if you're happy with it then great! But they don't look new. I know you didn't say that, but that's what cab said.

Don't do it. You'll have a lot of people disagree with me, even posting they have the white interior too and have no issues, and that is fine. I listened to the same feedback when I was buying my car and my 9 month old car has suffered from permanent blue dye transfer - I don't even wear jeans!

I love my car and absolutely baby it, take care of it really well, even wash it weekly in the winter. I absolutely regret the white seats and would not do it again. Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful but don't believe the group think that it doesn't stain or the silly youtube videos wear people are spilling coffee, wine or ketchup and immediately wiping it off - that is not an abrasive stain, that is a mess.

If you are going to ignore my advice, that is fine, but for the love of all that is holy, ceramic coat the seats.
I don't have my Tesla yet. But in talking to a few folks who have white seats fall into two camps: they either love them or they regret having them. (Strangely, no one in the middle.) When talking to people in person, I would say that 70% are in the "regret" camp. However, in the forums (this one included) the "love them" camp is definitely in the majority (or at least more vocal, haha). I personally ordered the black because I know/trust the friends I talked to in person. But even I'm still somewhat considering the white seats. Truthfully, I don't even really like either the black or the white options. This is probably the only thing I'll miss about having my Lexus - the red and black leather interiors.

Reactions: N.Y.R.
Be careful with these, the side airbags generally don't work with seat covers unless they specifically have cutouts for the airbags.
I thought about that before I bought them. These are essentially just towels with a “pocket” to fit over the headrest. These aren’t traditional seat covers that form fit over the entire seat. The side impact airbags will just blow past these things.

They do have little rubber bumps to keep them from sliding on the seat-facing side. They’ll allegedly prevent water from seeping through, which should keep sweat from getting to the seats when it’s over 100° here in Florida. Somfar I like them.

Reactions: N.Y.R.
I don't have my Tesla yet. But in talking to a few folks who have white seats fall into two camps: they either love them or they regret having them. (Strangely, no one in the middle.) When talking to people in person, I would say that 70% are in the "regret" camp. However, in the forums (this one included) the "love them" camp is definitely in the majority (or at least more vocal, haha). I personally ordered the black because I know/trust the friends I talked to in person. But even I'm still somewhat considering the white seats. Truthfully, I don't even really like either the black or the white options. This is probably the only thing I'll miss about having my Lexus - the red and black leather interiors.

If I do order and I have 2 teenage boys into sports I will order white, ceramic coat, and just keep clean. Leaning towards Gyeon Leather Shield and then Gyeon Leather coat Q2 for maintenance, but I am not sure. What would @JasontheBeaver do?