Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How likely is it that we'll see end of Q3 sales?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was pretty obvious near the end of Q1 / Q2 that Tesla was getting desperate to sell as many cars as humanely possible, and it seemed like there was something popping up every few days to try to entice more people to order new cars.

Is there any indication that any initiatives will launch this month to kick off more sales before the end of Q3? I've been hearing much less about sales numbers recently so maybe they're not at as concerned as they were earlier this year?

I've also heard that a lot of people are waiting quite a while before having their car delivered, so could back-order issues be holding them back at all, or do they care more about getting the orders in than actually delivering the cars?

Typically when we have a quarter ending but no immediate reduction in available federal tax credits there is no big rush to get your car before the end of the quarter. This means Tesla does typically get motivated and begins offering deals, at least on inventory vehicles. If you have waited this long you might as well wait another couple of weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Shadnic
Tesla only gets credit for cars actually delivered to the end user prior to the final day of the quarter.

In order to maximize deliveries, specials incentives need to be offered at least a few weeks before that.

Offen will require the vehicle to be delivered before EOQ to qualify. Some wait to order until the last possible moment...and miss it by "that" much.

• Informative
Reactions: Shadnic
Agreed. Might see some EOY promotions.

On the other hand they might be putting all their efforts on getting the Model Y up to speed.

Problem with EOY promotions is that Tesla is also known for dropping prices after the first of the year, to compensate for the final Tax Credits going away.

Lots of production will be going to USA at the EOY, but usually deliveries stretch out after the first of the year, as most production begins going to overseas markets.

They appear to be selling them faster than they can build them. I just waited 6 weeks for a VIN. I’m not sure they have a reason right now to offer incentives.

Now for end of year, when folks are busy with the holidays, that’s when I bet we’ll see some. But it may be the last time.

Demo cars will always have to offer a price break. Right now (less than $1 per mile), the discount isn’t enough to buy one, IMHO.

Cautious optimism but I feel if Tesla wanted to work really hard they could have thrown out 5x supercharger Miles, unlimited charging for 3 years or any of the usual tricks.
Check your phone app

5AA100AE-F23B-4DF9-9D58-AFA6D9723E6D.jpeg

Check your phone app

2k free supercharger miles is probably the least attractive referral incentive - and it has to be used within 6 months!

Well fuuuuuu. :)

20 days out till end of Q. It's a bone but not much meat to it.

That's a pretty soft sales pitch. Though Tesla has the option to market the hell out of you since people go into the app alot.