Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before a referral credit shows up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My niece used my referral to lease a model 3 over a month ago, neither of us has yet to receive the free 1000 miles of supercharger use. Now the Tesla employee who was handling it is on 'sabbatical'. I sent them an email a month ago and have not received any response. I sent them another email today listing both VINs. Just wondering how long before I get upset.

I know that not getting something that was promised to you is a bummer, but as a practical explanation, 1000 miles of Supercharging is worth about $75 maximum. If you can't get Tesla to cough up the free charging, then ask for some other compensation that's worth at least $100.

I know that not getting something that was promised to you is a bummer, but as a practical explanation, 1000 miles of Supercharging is worth about $75 maximum. If you can't get Tesla to cough up the free charging, then ask for some other compensation that's worth at least $100.

Facts. The 1000miles ain’t worth too much of your time if it doesn’t happen within the first two weeks

Keep in mind that for those of us who picked up 5,000 miles when the bonus program was in place, adding another 1,000 miles also extends the entire remaining balance of credits by another six months. Under that situation the 1,000 miles does add a lot of value, since I rarely use the miles but like to have them around for longer trips.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
It took me about a month before I saw my supercharging miles from a referral

Where do you see the miles?

I see when logged into tesla.com that I was credited for a referral showing under "delivery" with an 11/27 date- but don't see any place it references the fact I now have 1k "free" miles, and under supercharging it just says pay per use like always.

Keep in mind that for those of us who picked up 5,000 miles when the bonus program was in place, adding another 1,000 miles also extends the entire remaining balance of credits by another six months. Under that situation the 1,000 miles does add a lot of value, since I rarely use the miles but like to have them around for longer trips.
When does the 5000 miles expire?

6292AF9B-9216-4267-90BF-25AD7CB08220.png
Where do you see the miles?

I see when logged into tesla.com that I was credited for a referral showing under "delivery" with an 11/27 date- but don't see any place it references the fact I now have 1k "free" miles, and under supercharging it just says pay per use like always.
The loot box or treasure chest in the upper right when you are in the mobile app...I see the above when I look at mine...

• Helpful
Reactions: Knightshade
Yeah under my tesla account on the website it just says pay per use with no reference to having any free miles.

But now that I see the lootbox suggestion it does list the 1000 free miles there- so thanks for the tip!

When does the 5000 miles expire?

The first bonus you receive (regardless of whether it's 1,000 or 5,000 miles) is good for six months. Each additional bonus both adds to the existing pool of miles and extends the entire pool by an additional 6 months. So in my case I received two 5,000 bonuses, and they are good for 12 months.

Unfortunately, Tesla does not display the end date for the bonus miles anywhere so you have to hope they keep track of it. It's also possible that they forget to expire them and they just continue to be available on your account until used. We'll have to see how it plays out.

The first bonus you receive (regardless of whether it's 1,000 or 5,000 miles) is good for six months. Each additional bonus both adds to the existing pool of miles and extends the entire pool by an additional 6 months. So in my case I received two 5,000 bonuses, and they are good for 12 months.

Unfortunately, Tesla does not display the end date for the bonus miles anywhere so you have to hope they keep track of it. It's also possible that they forget to expire them and they just continue to be available on your account until used. We'll have to see how it plays out.
Thank you, yes I thought it was six month but it hasn’t gone away yet. Hoping they forget