Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before delivery do you pay the balance?

2021pandabear

Oct 5, 2021
SF East Bay, CA
The Plaid thing is super sketchy - they want our banking login credentials? F*** that. You should NEVER give that out. Tesla's encouragement of that makes me deeply question their security practices. (Then again, I've no reason to believe other automakers are any better about information security.)
Well I’m f***ed. I used the plaid online system to pay for my car and so far nothing sketchy. In fact Tesla wasnt able to pull money from that account and gave me a call 3 days after I took delivery to ask for new payment info. Then they waited another 3 business days to call me back and get my new account info to take the money out.

If anyone is uncomfortable with the Plaid thing but want Tesla to pull the money from your bank account, just give Tesla billing a call. They only ask for routing and account number over phone

tm1v2

Oct 18, 2021
USA
Well I’m f***ed. I used the plaid online system to pay for my car and so far nothing sketchy. In fact Tesla wasnt able to pull money from that account and gave me a call 3 days after I took delivery to ask for new payment info. Then they waited another 3 business days to call me back and get my new account info to take the money out.

If anyone is uncomfortable with the Plaid thing but want Tesla to pull the money from your bank account, just give Tesla billing a call. They only ask for routing and account number over phone
Change your bank password that you gave Plaid, and then make sure they didn't do anything with your bank account. Then you should be good and safe. 👍

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC