Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long before we see Teslas in movie chase sceens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first season of Big Sky ended with the murder distracting the cops by tying his victims into a Tesla on AutoPilot with a weight on the wheel and sending it speeding off down the highway. Clever use of the current state of Tesla development. The cops figured out that the Tesla would slow if they just blocked it and it did and they saved the day but the murderer got away (Spoiler Alert)

To this day my favorite chase movie is The Chase, sorry, generic title, it's this one:

Helps that I was at USC when Charlie Sheen was making student films, but classics like Vanishing Point, or Bullitt don't got to the extremes that my generation expected in a car chase movie. That is until movie Blues Brothers turned epic car chases on their head.

But still no good Tesla car chase movies, or really any electric cars. It's gotta be the squealing tires like was mentioned above.

We will probably never see a Tesla in a car chase scene. In order to have a good chase scene the car need to lift up driving on 2 wheels, or flip over and back, etc... Tesla can't do that because the battery at the bottom is too heavy! And like others said, you can't even drift a 4WD Tesla that well.