Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long between inspection and PTO? [various areas]

dailo

Jul 22, 2017
Bay Area
sounds like BS to me. Based on my conversation with them ( and I had many) system is automated to flag your account ready to submit for PTO, once they check all boxes. Call the main line and chat with whoever pick up and ask them to review your account and what is taking so long. On my account they forgot to tick the inspection completed and downpayment received. Once that was done, in a couple of days I got email from PGE that my application was submitted
Took a few tries, but was finally able to get my project advisor not to pick up (of course he picks up when I don't need him) so I could be placed into the queue and got someone who was really helpful. As I expected, but some drama with backup switch delaying the application so I guess I just have to keep calling back in to get new info. Guess Tesla is gambling PGE will cave, because they are going to have to redo a lot of installs if they can't get it approved..

Fruitcake

Oct 4, 2021
New Jersey
I'm having issue with Tesla hasn't submit PTO application to Eversource for months. My system is

- 8KW solar panel + 2 Powerwalls.
- ordered on 2020-9
- initial installation was done on 2021-1
- electricians finished final work on 2021-3
- city inspection was done on 2021-4
- been waiting for PTO submitting to Eversource

As of today, August 12, 2021, Tesla has yet to file the PTO application. Does it sound normal to you? I contact the Tesla many times, but all I got is "wait", with no real update.
Don't know if it's typical or not, but if you're looking for another data point - in NJ, in late 2020 during the COVID lull, it took about one month from application to PTO. This includes a no-show from the township inspector, otherwise it would have been closer to three weeks.

Fruitcake

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC