Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long can I expect a model 3 to last?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a little remorse on buying a 2019 M3. Thought it was a good deal. Car in perfect condition except for some creeping sounds etc. but now just thinking how long I can really expect the car the last.

Anyone here have an older model Tesla ? Do they really last long like the dealer says?

Having a little remorse on buying a 2019 M3. Thought it was a good deal. Car in perfect condition except for some creeping sounds etc. but now just thinking how long I can really expect the car the last.

Anyone here have an older model Tesla ? Do they really last long like the dealer says?
I wouldn't and don't have any concerns about a Model 3 going 200k or more without issue. There are some high mileage examples on YouTube now where you can get an idea. I think the 3 has proven to be less maintenance needy than the Model S before it.

Creeping sounds? Solid clunks in big temperature changes or while supercharging are completely normal and don't hurt anything. Loud creaky suspension could be due to an unfortunately common maintenance issue with a ball joint that can be resolved completely pretty easily.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't and don't have any concerns about a Model 3 going 200k or more without issue. There are some high mileage examples on YouTube now where you can get an idea. I think the 3 has proven to be less maintenance needy than the Model S before it.

Creeping sounds? Solid clunks in big temperature changes or while supercharging are completely normal and don't hurt anything. Loud creaky suspension could be due to an unfortunately common maintenance issue with a ball joint that can be resolved completely pretty easily.
Sorry typo. Creeking sounds from the door. Most noticed in colder weather. Had it adjusted by Tesla made it worse. Sounds like it’s the way the window sits on the insulation

Upvote 0
Not sure if it helps but my 2018 RWD lasted very well. I got to just shy of 80,000 miles. My battery degraded from about 320 miles to 290 full charge over the 5 years I had it. Interior had really very little wear, just some scuffing on the pleather on contact points, specifically drivers head rest, and the centre console arm rest where I often rested my arm. Of course if I hadn't written it off in a crash I woudl be happy to report back at 200,000 miles.. :) I had no creaks other than the stupid seatbelt tensioner area which I swore I would fix with some velcro but never did.

Upvote 0
You bought a Tesla out of bumper-to-bumper warranty?!?

0759ABEE-BDC4-453F-9075-C991432BC950.jpeg

😂 Just messin’ with you. Unless there was something unusual done to the car, you should be fine.

Upvote 0
I've have a 2019 M3P and drive it like I stole it. Still runs well and a couple data points should relieve you a bit. The pricing on non-warranty repairs is much better than other luxury brands. Battery change for $85, air filter for $50, etc... My Lexus was way more expensive to fix little things. For the big items like battery and motor, you have until 2026 for the powertrain warranty. Just enjoy the car and it will be a rewarding experience.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it helps but my 2018 RWD lasted very well. I got to just shy of 80,000 miles. My battery degraded from about 320 miles to 290 full charge over the 5 years I had it. Interior had really very little wear, just some scuffing on the pleather on contact points, specifically drivers head rest, and the centre console arm rest where I often rested my arm. Of course if I hadn't written it off in a crash I woudl be happy to report back at 200,000 miles.. :) I had no creaks other than the stupid seatbelt tensioner area which I swore I would fix with some velcro but never did.
This is helpful to know, thanks.

Upvote 0