Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long can you leave your Tesla sitting without being charged?

AlreadyPro

Nov 15, 2019
Blackhawk, CA
My 2016 Model S 90D is at the shop right now and it seems to lose all of its battery in a week of just sitting there without being on the charger. Is this normal?

David99

Jan 31, 2014
Brea, Orange County
The battery doesn't lose all of it's energy in one week. Call them and see what they are doing. If it takes longer, they can just plug it into a normal wall outlet over night.

ewoodrick

Apr 13, 2018
Buford, GA
It drops to about 20% and then starts turning everything off. There's a number below there that it shuts everything off.
The answer is basically forever.

David99

Jan 31, 2014
Brea, Orange County
It drops to about 20% and then starts turning everything off. There's a number below there that it shuts everything off.
The answer is basically forever.

It will disable remote HVAC at 20% or lower, but not when you say keep the door open. It will continue to run. The car will shut off when the battery shows 0 miles left. If you are lucky you might get a little more. At that point the battery has a few % left but those are needed to prevent battery damage. So when the car shuts down due to low battery you don't have to panic. It won't damage your battery, but you should not leave it like that for long.

ucmndd

Mar 10, 2016
California
My car is currently unplugged at an airport for the last 7 days. In that time my battery has gone from 80% to 77%.

Turning off all the battery draining BS is key.

Cabin overheat protection off.
Sentry mode off.
Advanced Summon standby off.

AlreadyPro

Nov 15, 2019
Blackhawk, CA
My car is currently unplugged at an airport for the last 7 days. In that time my battery has gone from 80% to 77%.

Turning off all the battery draining BS is key.

Cabin overheat protection off.
Sentry mode off.
Advanced Summon standby off.

All of these are off, so that's pretty concerning. :(

Alysashley79

Oct 4, 2013
Seattle(ish) WA
My guess is they are purposely trying to run down the battery for something. if you check the car on the app it also will wake up the car for a few hours.

if the cars at Tesla I wouldn’t sweat it. If the kill it. They will replace it.

Lasttoy

Mar 24, 2017
St Augustine, Fl
There is NO telephone support. I've called over and over, waited one hour, filed a repair online, got email, take to RC, no,been there 3 times.
The repair help line has gone to zero. Only solution is go to SC in person.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC