Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take from ordering to actually having a delivery date?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an S 90D on 10/24. Confirmed on 11/1. As of today, delivery still appears as "December - Early January 2017".

After multiple inquiries, my owner advisor said they had a "calculated" delivery date of 12/22, which I don't see on MyTesla.

So, almost a whole month and still no actual delivery date. How was your situation?

I ordered an S 90D on 10/24. Confirmed on 11/1. As of today, delivery still appears as "December - Early January 2017".

After multiple inquiries, my owner advisor said they had a "calculated" delivery date of 12/22, which I don't see on MyTesla.

So, almost a whole month and still no actual delivery date. How was your situation?

I ordered on 10/7 and confirmed on 10/14 and mine still says December-Early January, 2017. My car is in production now though, so I hope to get an actual delivery date once it completes production. I think that is when you usually get a delivery date, after production is completed.

Reactions: JimmyMcNulty
11/4/2016 ordered.
11/11/2016 confirmed
11/28/2016 entered production
11/29/2016 finished production
11/30/2016 in transit
12/6/2016 estimated delivery

1 month total

Ugh. What? I'm also in Minneapolis, and ordered mine on 10/29. Allegedly mine will enter production this week. That bites for me, but hopefully when it's finished I'll get it just as fast as you did. I wonder why yours went into prod faster...

It's the Fremont factory, and it seems like us Bay Area folks get the short end of the stick as Tesla prioritizes other markets early in the quarter, and makes a big push out of Fremont towards the end.
That can also vary greatly! This is me last year:

"Order: 9/8
Confirmed: 9/15
Production queue: 9/16
Entered Production: 9/18
Production complete: 9/24
Delivery: 9/27
(Could have picked up on 9/25)

This whole time frame has blown my mind! Seriously, 10-12 days from order confirmation to delivery? :eek:

Oh, and this car: h0lly m0th3r!!! (Pardon my French)"

So it will definitely vary based on time of year, wind direction, location of pickup, supermoons, inventory and many other conditions I do not know about.

Reactions: OBX John
I ordered on 10/7 and confirmed on 10/14 and mine still says December-Early January, 2017. My car is in production now though, so I hope to get an actual delivery date once it completes production. I think that is when you usually get a delivery date, after production is completed.

On my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement in your My Documents is a line that says "VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT:". The "on or about" clause leaves the date wide open, but at least you have a date to dream about. :p

Mine went to production today (11/30/16) and shows a delivery on or about of 12/11/2016.

On my Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement in your My Documents is a line that says "VEHICLE TO BE DELIVERED ON OR ABOUT:". The "on or about" clause leaves the date wide open, but at least you have a date to dream about. :p

Mine went to production today (11/30/16) and shows a delivery on or about of 12/11/2016.

My agreement doesn't include any reference to an "on or about date". Oh, well - back to waiting in the dark.