Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take to get your adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine last Wednesday and got email confirming order but no email saying it has shipped. ordered the NEMA 14-50 adapter that used to come with the vehicle. No way to call them and wondering if it's on back order or just poor service follow through

total BS they don't come with car or at least have them locally to purchase. I realize I'm not buying a Rolls Royce but really expected better basic service than this.
Not really sure why you say BS since you knew it didn't com with the car when you bought it. I guess I am surprised however that they don't have some in stock. Hopefully you'll get it soon. By the way I built a bunch of my own adaptors (not the 14-50) prior to getting my car. I was worried that I'd need to charge at all kinds of places that wouldn't work with the 14-50. Turns out I never had to use any of them, always used Superchargers or 115VAC when traveling.

Ordered mine last Wednesday and got email confirming order but no email saying it has shipped. ordered the NEMA 14-50 adapter that used to come with the vehicle. No way to call them and wondering if it's on back order or just poor service follow through

I ordered a 6-20 adapter last year, and I don't recall receiving a shipping notification. It took at least a week and a half for mine to arrive.

If you look at the pop-up when you add it to your cart, you'll see the note for a 2-3 week processing time.

I ordered almost every adapter figuring each could come in handy while on the road. They started showing up in about a week but it took around 4 weeks until I get the whole lot. Don't recall which ones were the slow ones. Looks like it just depends on what they have in stock. I ordered mine BEFORE the car was delivered and was glad I did.

I ordered almost every adapter figuring each could come in handy while on the road. They started showing up in about a week but it took around 4 weeks until I get the whole lot. Don't recall which ones were the slow ones. Looks like it just depends on what they have in stock. I ordered mine BEFORE the car was delivered and was glad I did.

:eek: How many could you actually need? A traditional 14-50, a standard 5-15 and the J1772 adapter should be sufficient. But, then again, I'm not a huge road tripper, so maybe it's sufficient for my needs.

I ordered a 6-50 since the 14-50 were sold out. After 5 days i emailed them and it took a couple days to say they had a new system and were experiencing delays. Five days ago i finally get email that it has shipped and of course with no tracking number or way to track. Hoping it comes in soon. Frustrating to say the least

How many could you actually need? A traditional 14-50, a standard 5-15 and the J1772 adapter should be sufficient.
Much of the family lives in rural locations and is nice to charge while visiting. Many have welders (6-50), most have dryers (14-30 and 10-30), some have air compressors (6-20). Add in the 14-50, 5-15 and J1772 like you said. Now I'm prepared to visit family.

By my thinking, the 5-15 is pretty close to worthless since it charges at 3MPH: 120VAC charging is a joke. So I was trying to get every possible 220V there is, hoping that I could find one somewhere nearby in a pinch.

But, to your point, have not used them all yet. But I haven't visited all the family yet either. At $35 a pop, is cheap insurance to just throw them in the frunk.

Hmmm - after reading this post - I guess I must have a case of 'plug anxiety'. Beats 'range anxiety'...

Last edited:
Much of the family lives in rural locations and is nice to charge while visiting. Many have welders (6-50), most have dryers (14-30 and 10-30), some have air compressors (6-20). Add in the 14-50, 5-15 and J1772 like you said. Now I'm prepared to visit family.

By my thinking, the 5-15 is pretty close to worthless since it charges at 3MPH: 120VAC charging is a joke. So I was trying to get every possible 220V there is, hoping that I could find one somewhere nearby in a pinch.

But, to your point, have not used them all yet. But I haven't visited all the family yet either. At $35 a pop, is cheap insurance to just throw them in the frunk.

Hmmm - after reading this post - I guess I must have a case of 'plug anxiety'. Beats 'range anxiety'...

I love road trips.
So back in 2012 when I got my first EV, range was limited & charging stations were scarce.
I pretty much did the same thing as you as in making up a whole lot of plug adapters. I'll probably do the same thing with the M3 when I get it.
It helped in dealing with range anxiety.
My moto was/is -
Where there's a plug, there's a charge.
All you need is time.

Now they come with the standard 15 amp plug. 5 miles/hr of charge.

It took 10 days for the wall charger to come but still waiting for a shipping notice for the 14-30 adapter I got for traveling as well as the charging cables for the phone.

Why can't people answer your question?

They'll ship ground and it may take a few days for them to ship. So don't expect Amazon Prime delivery times. A week or two is what I'd be looking at.
If you need one quickly, you might post in the Texas forums and see if anyone around you has one to borrow or buy.

Why can't people answer your question?

They'll ship ground and it may take a few days for them to ship. So don't expect Amazon Prime delivery times. A week or two is what I'd be looking at.
If you need one quickly, you might post in the Texas forums and see if anyone around you has one to borrow or buy.

Good idea. Does anyone in the Dallas area have one I can borrow until mine arrives :)

Got an email saying it was back in stock on June 3, 2019 (three days ago). I put in an order but have not received any shipping notice.

In contrast, I ordered a floor mat a couple of days ago and got the shipping notice the same day.