Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did it take you get used to no dash screen?

How long did it take you to get used to center screen?

• On my first ride, I naturally picked it up. I love without the dash screen.

Votes: 176 89.8%
  • It took me some days to get used to it.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • It took me some weeks to get used to it.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • It took me more than a month to get used to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am still uncomfortable and I miss the dash screen from Model S or X. It would be nice to have it.

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I absolutely hate center screen alone and regret buying the Model 3. I need the dash screen!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the small steering wheel made possible by the lack of a traditional cluster.
Agreed. This steering wheel feels "just right" in terms of the smaller diameter and the thickness for grabbing onto. I like holding onto it, but it's ironic that holding onto it with both hands causes me to get notifications from EAP, whereas with just one hand I get far fewer nags - but I want to hold it with both hands!

I happened to pass by Roadster interior. Found something interesting... (although many of you guys probably knew already).

I used to believe that Roadster 2020 was going to get a dash screen on the steering wheel based on the angle they took picture on Tesla homepage.

upload_2018-8-29_6-31-33.png

And it turns out to be none like Model 3.

upload_2018-8-29_6-33-29.png

Conclusion: the Model 3 design is leading the new interior design paradigm.
We should expect the similar for Model Y.

Do you guys think this be new fad to other automakers? Ever since Tesla Model S came out, it seems like many automakers are making their touchscreen larger. We shall see. :rolleyes:

I happened to pass by Roadster interior. Found something interesting... (although many of you guys probably knew already).

I used to believe that Roadster 2020 was going to get a dash screen on the steering wheel based on the angle they took picture on Tesla homepage.

View attachment 330063

And it turns out to be none like Model 3.

View attachment 330065

Conclusion: the Model 3 design is leading the new interior design paradigm.
We should expect the similar for Model Y.

Do you guys think this be new fad to other automakers? Ever since Tesla Model S came out, it seems like many automakers are making their touchscreen larger. We shall see. :rolleyes:
That's my dream car. You get so much for $200k.

OP here.

It was a weird transition from S and X dash screen but it took less than an hour to get used to it.

I was a huge skeptic on no dash screen.

Now, I enjoy it more than my other vehicles!

Only gripe is no split screen for rear view camera and navigation. I hope Tesla brings it someday.

Reactions: ChadS
I was nervous at first but I got it almost instantly. All I need to see is speedometer really and it is always in the corner of my eye. At first I still wanted a HUD but now I realize that I see it in my peripheral at all times as it is. I would still like the ability to adjust font size in some places. I see the speed fine but I would like it a little larger just for easier peripheral reading.

Before getting my car, I was somewhat concerned about the lack of physical controls and the center touch screen. They ended up being among the biggest non-issues with the Model 3.

I got used to the speedometer location within 5 minutes. I clearly remember seeing that it was in the different place at the first stoplight that I reached, and then I never noticed again.

The touch controls are mostly a non-issue too. Turns out when I drove my Honda, I fiddled with my dash-mounted iPhone anyway for navigation and music, and now I can do the same with the Model 3 but with a larger screen so it's easier. The phone was mounted in the center in my Honda, so I was already used to looking slightly to the right. I do sometimes wish that the air vent controls had physical buttons, however.

What took longer to adjust to was the decreased visibility compared to my Honda Fit. The rear window is uncomfortably small, and feels half the size it should be. Even now I'm not entirely comfortable with it, since I like to be aware of all cars surrounding me.