Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did Model 3 Deposit Refund take?

How long did your Model 3 Deposit Refund take?

• Under a week

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • 1-2 weeks

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 2-3 weeks

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • 3-4 weeks

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Over a month

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went to MyTesla and chatted with an agent. He said to be looking for it toward the end of the week, which will be one month and two days (back to the credit card on file). If I don't see it by then, I was told to call (888) 518-3752. He then asked me if I wanted to upgrade to an S 90 or 100. I told him I would first like to see the refund of my cancellation :)

Reactions: avesraggiana
I canceled my reservation on April 26th and have still not received the refund back. I have contacted Tesla twice now and both times they told me I just needed to be patient...Not sure what to do at this point. I didn't want to cancel in the first place but had just lost my job and need the money to pay my bills..

My refund came approximately six weeks after my request via my MyTesla page. It came as a credit to my credit card account. Yours should be coming in another week, or two, at the most.

How long did your Model 3 Deposit Refund take?

I cancelled my reservation a month ago, and am still waiting for my refund.

WTH: If you cancelled your Model 3 reservation a month ago, why the heck are you trolling on Tesla Motors Club? I'm not interested in you coming here and crying about how long it took to get your refund. Go cry to Tesla, not the people here who are extremely excited about getting their Model 3!!!

WTH: If you cancelled your Model 3 reservation a month ago, why the heck are you trolling on Tesla Motors Club? I'm not interested in you coming here and crying about how long it took to get your refund. Go cry to Tesla, not the people here who are extremely excited about getting their Model 3!!!

All input is welcome on this forum. I too asked about how long my Model 3 refund would take, because after taking delivery of my Model S, I wasn’t all that excited anymore about taking delivery of a Model 3. That’s what’s the Hell.

All input is welcome on this forum. I too asked about how long my Model 3 refund would take, because after taking delivery of my Model S, I wasn’t all that excited anymore about taking delivery of a Model 3. That’s what’s the Hell.
I ordered two and cancelled one. Given its low cost of ownership and wide availability, the Model 3 should make a great beater.

Reactions: avesraggiana
Waiting over six weeks to get a deposit back has nothing to do with the bank. We are not living in the 1800s. They will get your deposit back when they feel like it or sooner if they are pressured.
It has everything to do with the bank. Unfortunately as far as banks go, we might as well still living in the 1800s. One solution to this is utilizing blockchain tech for faster transfers who knows if that'll ever happen.

• Disagree
Reactions: deonb and zenmaster
Low cost of ownership? That's assuming a lot of reliability - meaning it will have to be built far better than the S and X.
Plus insurance could cost 3k/yr for all we know...
when you make millions of cars, relative supply and demand will lower the cost of ownership alone. And of course anything that would cause 3k of year for insurance for this product would be due to an unexpected manufacturing or design error. That error would be corrected.

I posted this on another thread, but it seems weird that refunds for Model 3 reservations are still taking a long time. I depo'd on a Solar Roof on day 1, cancelled when I saw the price was going to be excessive [even Solar Panels are too expensive in power cheap Virginia, with no financing], and had my credit card payment back on my card in 6 days.

So, taking longer than a week or so for a credit card payment is not acceptable. Wonder if the 'car' funds are handled differently?

I posted this on another thread, but it seems weird that refunds for Model 3 reservations are still taking a long time. I depo'd on a Solar Roof on day 1, cancelled when I saw the price was going to be excessive [even Solar Panels are too expensive in power cheap Virginia, with no financing], and had my credit card payment back on my card in 6 days.

So, taking longer than a week or so for a credit card payment is not acceptable. Wonder if the 'car' funds are handled differently?

It's probably policy to not issue refunds until the quarterly earnings report gets published.

• Helpful
Reactions: mmd