Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long did you wait?

How long did you wait for your M3?

• Less than 2 weeks

Votes: 18 54.5%
  • 2-4 weeks

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 4-6 weeks

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 6-8 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-10 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-12 weeks

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll preface this with the reply email I got from my salesman who sold me my Model 3 Performance Black Interior when I asked him about the delivery status (nice guy, great buying experience, very knowledgeable):

I hope your week is going well!

We are still awaiting a VIN for your Performance Model 3.
There was a big nationwide delay for any Pearl White vehicles.
I have quite a few clients who are in the same boat.

I wanted to give you the option of an inventory vehicle that may match what you want.
There are no Pearl White Performance Model 3 vehicles in our inventory.
Only one Performance Model 3 currently in inventory in fact!

It is THIS Performance Model 3 HERE.
It is Black on Black with 4,461 miles on it so it is still new but was used for test drive or service loaner purposes.
It has a $1420 price adjustment on it.

That being said, I have heard that VINs are starting to get matched more often now.
Please know that you are on my radar and I will certainly check every day to see if a VIN is assigned.
Thank you for your patience.

Sunday will be four weeks. Guess nobody will take pity on me when I complain when I say my Tesla hasn’t arrived yet. People are suffering from the hurricane in the Bahamas so got to keep things in perceptive.

But still, which they would have managed my delivery expectations a bit better, website did say Estimated Two Week Delivery. Guess they can lawyer on the word Estimated. But still.....

I'd really like to know how Tesla schedules production. The long wait times people report are ridiculous. When I ordered my 3P+ on 07/09 I expected 4-6 weeks ... but I had delivery on 07/23 (just 13 days and this was for a Blue on White, which appear to be fairly rare). The car was manufactured in July so I know it wasn't sitting in inventory. Yet, people here who ordered around the time I took delivery are *still* waiting. Was I just randomly lucky or is it better to order just after a quarter ends?

cross posting from the LWD waiting room, but it's pertinent here:

"I stopped by Dublin Tesla on my way home tonight and had noticed all week that their lot is pretty full of gleaming new cars. I asked the sales rep who stopped to help if any were available for immediate delivery, and he said there were a line of cars along the fence that were available but were all in black (I ordered Blue/White). I said I'd wait, but he also mentioned what I WISH my sales rep had, that it's known that they have a significant backup due to the international product launches and that the sales reps at that location have been carefully telling their customers that though the website says two weeks from order date to delivery, the wait is currently longer. I only wish that the San Francisco sales reps had been as transparent and communicative as that. The wait continues....."

Test drive Thursday last week, ordered right after and it was ready for delivery on Monday, 4 days turn around. The rep was matching my order with a car in inventory so it was very smooth. And that included trade in my car which still has a balance on it, so Tesla at Highland Park, IL did an excellent job.

I must admit, ordering from existing inventory is DEFINITELY the way to go. This morning I found a car configured to what we ordered (been waiting 3 weeks for the VIN) so pulled the plug and ordered it online. Called Tesla to cancel the original order and verify new one was in place. By noon we had gotten the funding completed with my credit union, scheduled delivery for Saturday, and as a bonus got the 2000 mile referral bonus over the original 1000 mile bonus.

We will pick up three weeks to the day from when we ordered.

8/26: ordered LR AWD, MSM/Black, 18" aero, FSD
8/12: VIN appeared in source code overnight, got text to schedule delivery that afternoon, got everything ready for delivery over the course of the day
Delivery scheduled for 8/16

Denver (Littleton) delivery center has been great to work with.