TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How long do updates typically take to make it out to the full Model 3 base?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Superskillz, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Superskillz

Superskillz Member

I am a reasonably early VIN 11XXX but have not yet updated from version 2018.21.9. Anyone know when an update might be expected?

2. intjester

intjester Member

3. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

I would strongly suggest using TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger over the ev-fw site

But yea, this update is taking quite a while to roll out and this is definitely not normal. Normally updates hit the entire fleet within a week (maybe 3-4 days) of first appearing.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. JADCa

JADCa Member

Why teslafi over ev-fw? I don't like having to create an account on teslafi to see the data.

5. d21mike

d21mike Member

More cars is the main reason I see but I use both.

And NO you do not need an account for this URL:

TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. Superskillz

Superskillz Member

Thanks for the links. Perhaps they are getting feedback or are intentionally rolling out slowly in case there would be feedback about the summon and other higher risk features.

7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

w
    What version do you have? Is the parked where it has 4g at night?

8. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

TeslaFi has MUCH more accurate information compared to ev-fw, sorry for the member link - use the one that d21mike provided above (TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker)

9. intjester

intjester Member

I beg to differ - ev-fw posts the grid of number of updates and day of update, grouped by model. So it is easy to see that the most recent widely released version on Model 3 is still 2018.21.9.

2018.24.1 had a fraction as many updates, then petered out about a week ago, whereas it DID go to wide release on S & X.

2018.24.7 has an even smaller distribution so far and hasn’t gone to wide release on Model 3 either.

S/X already playing with 2018.26.

All of which clearly answers the OP’s question. Most people don’t have it yet.

10. kbecks13

kbecks13 Member

TeslaFi does all of this except for showing the model (for free at least, if you subscribe you can not only see Model but also what FW they upgraded from).

My key reason for liking TeslaFi more is that they simply have more data. For example, you only see 2018.24.7 listed 8 times whereas TeslaFi shows 21 Model 3's with it installed, starting back on the 9th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. intjester

intjester Member

They each give you a tiny subset of the whole fleet to look at.

But TeslaFi is aggregating everything together in the table you posted.

The only reason you have clarity on 24.7 above is because it happens to be Model 3 only.

F755590C-8C47-4C45-92B2-3821B08D81D5.jpeg

12. Superskillz

Superskillz Member

Yes parked where there is 4g. Version 2018.21.9 currently.

13. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

21.9 seems to be the standard right now.

Regardless of personal preference for firmware tracking sites - it’s worth pointing out that both sites represent a tiny percentage of the cars out there so should only be used as an indicator.