Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long do updates typically take to make it out to the full Model 3 base?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would strongly suggest using TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger over the ev-fw site

But yea, this update is taking quite a while to roll out and this is definitely not normal. Normally updates hit the entire fleet within a week (maybe 3-4 days) of first appearing.

Thanks for the links. Perhaps they are getting feedback or are intentionally rolling out slowly in case there would be feedback about the summon and other higher risk features.

I would strongly suggest using TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger over the ev-fw site

I beg to differ - ev-fw posts the grid of number of updates and day of update, grouped by model. So it is easy to see that the most recent widely released version on Model 3 is still 2018.21.9.

2018.24.1 had a fraction as many updates, then petered out about a week ago, whereas it DID go to wide release on S & X.

2018.24.7 has an even smaller distribution so far and hasn’t gone to wide release on Model 3 either.

S/X already playing with 2018.26.

All of which clearly answers the OP’s question. Most people don’t have it yet.

I beg to differ - ev-fw posts the grid of number of updates and day of update, grouped by model.

TeslaFi does all of this except for showing the model (for free at least, if you subscribe you can not only see Model but also what FW they upgraded from).

My key reason for liking TeslaFi more is that they simply have more data. For example, you only see 2018.24.7 listed 8 times whereas TeslaFi shows 21 Model 3's with it installed, starting back on the 9th.

MMzFPpY.png

jpTrCXA.png

They each give you a tiny subset of the whole fleet to look at.

But TeslaFi is aggregating everything together in the table you posted.

The only reason you have clarity on 24.7 above is because it happens to be Model 3 only.

F755590C-8C47-4C45-92B2-3821B08D81D5.jpeg

21.9 seems to be the standard right now.

Regardless of personal preference for firmware tracking sites - it’s worth pointing out that both sites represent a tiny percentage of the cars out there so should only be used as an indicator.