Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does email customer support generally take to get back to you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted before regarding a promised free upgrade from EAP to FSD. I sent an email a week ago to their customer service email and through my tesla account. I haven't received a response from either. Is this normal? I don't want to bombard them with emails, so I thought I'd first ask here to see if this wait time is normal or if I need to resend them again.

Thanks!

Yeah, pretty much. I sent in an email a few weeks ago about the map on the app for the car location not updating correctly and they finally got back to me several weeks later. Never mind they didn’t even read it correctly and thought I meant the maps in the car. (I put APP in the subject and the body. But whatever. ) Still not resolved.

Another one I sent in recently about the 1% charging vs the old 3% charging has had no response yet.

I think they triage them for importance so unless it was a high-priority service issue, let it go and be surprised when they get back to you.

I posted before regarding a promised free upgrade from EAP to FSD. I sent an email a week ago to their customer service email and through my tesla account. I haven't received a response from either. Is this normal? I don't want to bombard them with emails, so I thought I'd first ask here to see if this wait time is normal or if I need to resend them again.

Thanks!

I have emailed customer support maybe 3 different times on things, and the "regular" response time seemed to be around 2 weeks or so, so I find a week to be well within their regular operational response time.

Not saying this is desirable, or good... just that it matches my experience.

I've emailed Customer Support a few times and on average it's taken about 6-8 weeks for a reply.

I've also emailed the online store support asking about a tracking Number and they replied about 2 weeks after the item was delivered.

wow, I thought 5 days was too long. I had to double check my email to make sure it sent. I put in for a service request. The system made an appointment for me next Tuesday. Maybe they can fix it then. I replied and told them I won't be there, but they can go ahead and fix my issue remotely.