Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take for a charging session to appear in the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my LR yesterday, and between the low initial charge upon pickup, fun drives, and prepping to drive out to my parents’ house today, I ended up using SCs twice.

The first charge showed up pretty quickly after I was done. The second, however, still hasn’t shown up on my account, and it’s been nearly 12 hours now.

I know there is the promotion going on in SoCal during the holiday weekend, but I’m in central FL.

Just wondering if it’s common for these sessions to appear after a long period, or if I somehow got lucky? Credit card has not been charged either.

In my experience: As a general rule full session data appears very soon after completion, usually within a minute or less. On occasion, normally when heavy use is happening (e.g. major holidays, peak travel times) there are delays. My guess is that the recent outages may be the explanation for this one.

I have no idea if other people's experiences are similar to mine.

I'd chalk it up to Tesla having a hit-or-miss billing infrastructure. My first couple of Supercharging sessions when I got my car over three years ago were billed accurately (and promptly). Then, on a trip down to L.A. all of my charges at Kettleman City and Glendale were not recorded, ergo, I was not charged for them. I never had any free Supercharging miles due to referrals or when I bought my car, nor was there any "free holiday or natural disaster" program in effect (as far as I know). Several times after, during Supercharging sessions at my local favorite place, I received free charging (unbilled and never recorded on my online account or credit card) and several sessions where the charge was discounted by one or more increments of whatever the current xx cents/kWh charging cost was.

In short, treat these as freebies.

Just to update for anyone who may stumble upon this thread in the future:

Went back to the same station, different charger today. That charge shows up, the other one never appeared. So far it looks like a freebie.