Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take for Autopilot to be enabled?

fura2

Apr 12, 2021
Delaware
I picked up my radar-less Model 3 LR last weekend and it has 168 miles on it so far. How long does it take for Autopilot to be enabled so I can turn it on? I've noticed when I drive on simple long segments of highways, the AP symbols do not turn blue to enable AP.

ahoen117

Jun 9, 2021
Western NC
I want to say when I picked mine up last year, it took around 25-30 miles for calibration to complete.

First, check to make sure autosteer is enabled in settings -> autopilot.
After that if you have the grey steering wheel icon near your speed, double tapping down on the gear selector should engage AP.

Hope this helps!

Shelburne

Mar 9, 2021
Shelburne Falls, MA
I have a 2020 M3 that I bought last September. The cameras, the tire pressure sensors and the AP were all calibrated within maybe
20 miles. But since you have the new radar-less system, it may take longer

Sorny

Jun 2, 2021
MN
I picked up my new car last week and autopilot was enabled within 10 miles after leaving the service center.

It helps if you drive on well-marked roads for the calibration.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC