Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take for referrals to show up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had a few, but mine have all showed up nearly immediately (one was within an hour of the order being placed online). They should move to 'ordered' quickly, and then 'delivered' the day following delivery.

Orders placed in person could be different.

my referral showed up almost immediately. However, I've still not seen anything about getting a free wall charger even though it only took one referral under the old program. ~6 weeks ago.

If they order in store, you need to ask their sales or delivery advisor to email [email protected]. Anything short of that (even if the advisor said they "added it in the system") does not count. I had 3 referrals so far where the code was entered by an advisor and each took about a half dozen emails before getting recognized. The store advisors don't seem to realize that the referral department is the only official way to get a code added.

If they order in store, you need to ask their sales or delivery advisor to email [email protected]. Anything short of that (even if the advisor said they "added it in the system") does not count. I had 3 referrals so far where the code was entered by an advisor and each took about a half dozen emails before getting recognized. The store advisors don't seem to realize that the referral department is the only official way to get a code added.

At this point, what do you recommend that I do?

The referral is important for both of us. She gets 6 months free Supercharging. I at least get 1 referral on my record. I mean, I could see if I can go with her when she picks up the car this weekend and talk to the people at the center.

Would e-mailing the referral program myself do anything? At least kick start the process?