TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How long does it take TESLA to register new user on APP.

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by usa9910, May 30, 2018.

1. usa9910

usa9910 Member

Hey,

I am buying a TESLA this Monday (P85) and wanted to know how long does it take TESLA to update the vehicle ownership and when can i start using the app?

After i sign the papers, i will call TESLA and let them know I am the owner..what are the next steps?

thanks

2. croixkat

croixkat Member

Mine worked on the way home from picking it up.

3. usa9910

usa9910 Member

Sorry I should have added I'm buying it from a Salesman in Ontario not from the Tesla dealership

4. vraev

vraev Member

I bought mine direct from Tesla and it took 2-3 days to get the app up and running. I had to call Tesla customer support, ensure the car was properly registered to my account before I could log in.

5. CarolinaBMXers

Once they got copy of my registration/ title on a Thursday, it worked on Monday....

6. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I sold my 2013 S to its new owner via Tesla when I purchased my new Model X (Convenience Sale). I could still "see" my old car on the app along with my new one for about a day.

7. .jg.

.jg. Member

In my case, it took almost a month before Tesla added the car I bought privately to my Tesla account. In addition to the documentation that I emailed to them (registration, driving license, etc.), Tesla also waited until they received confirmation of the transfer of ownership from the previous owner. The previous owners had gone to a holiday home in another country and their domestic staff only took interest when I suggested that my service would be booked on the previous owner's account.

8. Mayo

Mayo Member

Email Tesla Customer Support they will do nothing over the telephone. I had to remove a sold tesla. and was requested to email them a copy of my ID and all paperwork related to the sale of the Tesla. After following thier instructions it took another three weeks for it to be removed. Good Luck