TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How long does it take to get a drivetrain replacement??? so frustrated!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by chadc4s, Aug 5, 2016.

1. chadc4s

chadc4s New Member

I have waited close to 4 months already... more excuses!! I think i am done with tesla.

• Informative x 1
  2. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

someone posted a week ago or so that they ran their Model S into a curb at 55 MPH and tore the front drivetrain apart. I think he said it was 3 - 4 months. And, he raised a little Hell on this forum and got the attention of Tesla folks who stepped in and sped things up.

3. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

The waits are long. I waited about 3 months for mine last year. Have you checked in to see what the status may be?

4. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

5. Xminus6

Xminus6 Member

So do they give you a loaner for that whole duration?

6. kort677

kort677 Active Member

sometimes you'll need to be the squeaky wheel

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Indeed. Especially when the car is out of service while you wait. A lot of us waited quite a long time for a replacement, but the car technically worked fine until the replacement day came. There are worse things. I know a lot of fellow owners have waited months and months without a car while parts are sourced. I'd be so frustrated. In most cases that will exhaust your rental car allowance with your insurance, if you have that option, so you're out of pocket while Tesla gets their house in order.

I know they have their hands full and don't envy the position they're in right now, but there's really no excuse for that.

8. chadc4s

chadc4s New Member

No loaner. car was in service back and forth for almost a month cuz they can't find the problem to 12v. vampire. they returned the car unwashed, carpet in trunk and rear seats not aligned ( still not fully fixed) asked them like 2x already. it's 2014 w/ only 11k miles. i rather drive my wife's model x than getting a loaner, which is not a tesla, but a 15mpg suv. sunnyvale service always run out of tesla loaner.. go figure.

9. DieAbetic

DieAbetic Member

Weird. I had my DU replacement at 37K miles maybe a month ago. Got it back in three days. Maybe they had an extra, or maybe because I'm in California?

10. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Have you spoken to the service manager there? They're slammed right now, and he's a good guy. PM me if you want to chat about it.

• Like x 1
  11. sorka

sorka Active Member

Sure glad I work 5 miles from the factory.

12. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Tesla really has to deal with their service issues. I waited over 4 weeks for a suspension bushing. Unfortunately, Teslas don't seem to be all that reliable so there's a lot of service on average per car. As they sell more, and especially when the Model 3 comes along, the lack of any 3rd party service and the increasingly overwhelmed Tesla service is going to be a major problem.

13. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

@sorka I know what you mean. We used to live down the road from a Chevy factory. Whenever my car needed an oil change I would take it to the factory and they would just give me a new car. I wonder if Tesla will do the same for you working so close.