Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to get a drivetrain replacement??? so frustrated!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone posted a week ago or so that they ran their Model S into a curb at 55 MPH and tore the front drivetrain apart. I think he said it was 3 - 4 months. And, he raised a little Hell on this forum and got the attention of Tesla folks who stepped in and sped things up.

sometimes you'll need to be the squeaky wheel
Indeed. Especially when the car is out of service while you wait. A lot of us waited quite a long time for a replacement, but the car technically worked fine until the replacement day came. There are worse things. I know a lot of fellow owners have waited months and months without a car while parts are sourced. I'd be so frustrated. In most cases that will exhaust your rental car allowance with your insurance, if you have that option, so you're out of pocket while Tesla gets their house in order.

I know they have their hands full and don't envy the position they're in right now, but there's really no excuse for that.

No loaner. car was in service back and forth for almost a month cuz they can't find the problem to 12v. vampire. they returned the car unwashed, carpet in trunk and rear seats not aligned ( still not fully fixed) asked them like 2x already. it's 2014 w/ only 11k miles. i rather drive my wife's model x than getting a loaner, which is not a tesla, but a 15mpg suv. sunnyvale service always run out of tesla loaner.. go figure.

Tesla really has to deal with their service issues. I waited over 4 weeks for a suspension bushing. Unfortunately, Teslas don't seem to be all that reliable so there's a lot of service on average per car. As they sell more, and especially when the Model 3 comes along, the lack of any 3rd party service and the increasingly overwhelmed Tesla service is going to be a major problem.