Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to get an update?

Robocheme

Feb 3, 2017
Northern California
Two weeks ago, I received an email from Tesla saying that I will be receiving an update to 2018.4 (I'm on 2017.50.13 now). Anyone else still stuck on 2017.50.13? How long to you normally have to wait for an update?

Thanks,

TexasEV

Jun 5, 2013
Austin, TX
An email from Tesla? Never heard of that. In five years of owning Model S the updates have all been announced on the screen (with options of set time to install, or install now) and most have been accompanied by an iPhone notification from the app that an update is available. Note that when your car says an update is available, it has already been downloaded, you just need to install it. Stay away from the car when it installs. Don’t be tempted to “check on it”.

run-the-joules

Turgid Member
Aug 13, 2017
SF Bay
I’m on 50.13 as well. Got the same email. By all accounts nobody has been able to figure out Tesla’s software update strategy. Some people go months without updates for no apparent reason. It’s been 6 weeks or so for me now. Once they push a major update (summon, camping mode, autopilot adjustments on scroll wheel, or a major autopilot update in general) if I don’t get that update I’ll try being the squeaky wheel. Don’t really care about heated rear seats though so not rushing for now.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC