TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How long does it take to get your badge upgraded?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Emmies, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Emmies

Emmies Member

I just upgraded from a 60 to a 75. I see they offer to upgrade the badge on the car and was wondering if that's a quick in and out thing or if i should just wait until i need to bring it in for a service (hopefully not for a long while from now).

2. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

It took an hour and half of waiting. Much longer than I had anticipated. Not at a busy center either. Only one other car was in for service at the time.

3. Dakster

Dakster Member

They told me it would be 15 mins in Rockville, ended up being about an hour!

4. limo

limo Member

They came to me and it took 5 minutes to remove the badge. I asked them not to put the 75 on (it looks much cleaner without IMHO).

5. croman

croman Active Member

Still waiting for 75 badges to get back in stock. Been a month.

6. azred

azred Active Member

I had an appointment in Tempe and they called and asked if they could come to me to save the appointment slot. Request that option. I think ranger service planned expansion is already happening.

7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

I've been waiting for a ranger to come do mine since my nearest SC is 400 miles away but 3 weeks and no luck yet. its honestly not a big deal to me. The badge only is there to impress others, not me.

8. Snerruc

Snerruc Member

Funny, my S never had a badge from the factory. I understood they didn't put them on the new 60/75 as they could change.

9. Firewired

Firewired Member

My car came without one. Ordered one. Apparently on back order.

10. Emmies

Emmies Member

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll give them a call. Seems kind of silly that they're in back order. I mean they can't be that hard to produce, right? Alwoupd love to have someone come to me to do it. I would wait any amount of time for that option.

11. ucmndd

ucmndd Member

Took me 3 minutes by myself to remove the badge. Problem solved.

12. superm1

superm1 Member

I'm planning on combining it when they fix my severely cracked windshield, so far its 1month+.

13. whitex

whitex Active Member

While waiting, just flip the 6 upside down - a little heatgun action and you've got a "90" until the 75 comes back in-stock and get around to it affixing it. ;)