Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to opt in to FSD beta on a new vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand it, there are no longer any requirements to opt-in to the FSD beta - e.g. no minimum safety score.

I opted in two days ago, but it still hasn't triggered - does the minimum number of miles driven on autopilot still apply? Does it trigger on some other event, like the next software update?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with opting in on a new car since the restrictions were removed.

Each beta version is attached to a "release" version. The latest one out in the field is 2022.40.30.10 ( FSD 10.69.25.2). I think if your firmware is newer than the release version, you will have to wait until the next FSD release is tagged and pushed out.

Each beta version is attached to a "release" version. The latest one out in the field is 2022.40.30.10 ( FSD 10.69.25.2). I think if your firmware is newer than the release version, you will have to wait until the next FSD release is tagged and pushed out
Interesting - I am on 2022.44.200 which is the latest version. I guess this means I’ll need to wait for FSD 11.3 since that is probably the next release?

Attachments

• 70AEBAF3-D3D7-4BD3-A4CA-0107F4A30229.jpeg
    70AEBAF3-D3D7-4BD3-A4CA-0107F4A30229.jpeg
    973.1 KB · Views: 611
New vehicles come with unique code installed at the factory. You’ll have to wait for at least your next regular update as they have to merge the factory fork with the main code.

That update may be with FSD for you since your code is older.

It could be weeks. But there’s nothing you can do to speed it up. It’s not you, it’s them. :)

New vehicles come with unique code installed at the factory. You’ll have to wait for at least your next regular update as they have to merge the factory fork with the main code.

That update may be with FSD for you since your code is older.

It could be weeks. But there’s nothing you can do to speed it up. It’s not you, it’s them. :)

Argh - I was so excited to try it out that I subscribed to full FSD for a month without thinking. Hopefully it triggers before my month runs out.

Thanks for the info!

I bought a month FSD sub to try it out the day of delivery, 2/3/23. Tesla dutifully charged me the 199, and two days later FSD no longer functioned and I was put on the FSD queue. No refunds available according to my SA after paying for a month's worth and getting two days of FSD. Not thrilled about it.

I bought a month FSD sub to try it out the day of delivery, 2/3/23. Tesla dutifully charged me the 199, and two days later FSD no longer functioned and I was put on the FSD queue. No refunds available according to my SA after paying for a month's worth and getting two days of FSD. Not thrilled about it.
Please elaborate on “FSD no longer functioned.” That isn’t supposed to happen under any circumstances. Requesting FSD Beta doesn’t impact non-beta FSD functionality.

File a chargeback with your credit card company. Easiest solution

Reactions: Vthoma11
The FSD option literally disappeared from the menu only to be replaced by an application to get in the queue. Which I did of course to no avail. Autopilot works fine but no FSD.
Which menu are you referring to? When you say AP works fine but no FSD, do you mean you have TACC and Autosteer but nothing else? No Auto Lane Change, no Navigate on Autopilot?

All the settings related to FSD are on the Controls > Autopilot screen in the car. On the Controls > Software screen, the Additional vehicle details link will show you if your car has FSD.

Which menu are you referring to? When you say AP works fine but no FSD, do you mean you have TACC and Autosteer but nothing else? No Auto Lane Change, no Navigate on Autopilot?

All the settings related to FSD are on the Controls > Autopilot screen in the car. On the Controls > Software screen, the Additional vehicle details link will show you if your car has FSD.
Here’s what i see when I look for fsd, thanks for your interest and help.

Attachments

• 958B38B9-6D55-40C3-A714-92C35FD62E28.jpeg
    958B38B9-6D55-40C3-A714-92C35FD62E28.jpeg
    552.9 KB · Views: 429
  • 3B498A0A-E873-4EA5-BD5A-B4AC722BF897.jpeg
    3B498A0A-E873-4EA5-BD5A-B4AC722BF897.jpeg
    846.4 KB · Views: 460
Tesla has stopped adding people to FSD Beta, until the recall patch is released, according to their web page.

So no one will get FSD Beta until then.

That makes sense - just wish they let you know that when subscribing to FSD.

Does anyone know how quickly previous rollouts went? E.g. was it "employees only" -> "everyone" or more like "employees" -> "1% of fleet" <two week pause> -> "10% of fleet" <two week pause> -> "50% of fleet" ...

Here's hoping the 11.3 rollout completes before my month is up! :)

The first screen shows it's paid for. The second screen has the button to request the software.
No, you're confusing the standard FSD option, which you already have, and FSD City Streets Beta, which you have to request. Standard FSD includes TACC, Autosteer, Auto Lane Change, Navigate on Autopilot, Summon, and Autopark, though the last two might be temporary disabled depending on your car's configuration.

Reactions: E90alex