Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to receive HOV decal in CA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are experiencing about a 1.5 month delay.

When did you mail in your application? Have they cashed your check yet?

I mailed mine in January 25th via USPS regular mail, untraceable. I would guess they received it on the January 28th but there's no way to tell. I sent a money order i/o check and I'm not able to check to see if the money order was cashed either.

When I called them last Friday, they said they were working on applications received January 25th and will be working over time that weekend (which was this past weekend) to get as many processed as they can. So, ok, they probably haven't gotten to mine yet since I mailed it in January 25th.

So I called Tuesday, and they said there was an activity/transaction listed on my account for March 16th. The agent couldn't say what it was for exactly but he said it's likely the HOV sticker processing, which I'm likely to believe it is the HOV being processed. I'm waiting for a call back in an hour to confirm.

If I were to guess, they are currently working on applications received end of January, if not, February 1st.

Does the DMV automatically send a BOB sticker with a new 2020 Model 3 purchase? Or do I need to send an application?
I don’t know of any dealerships that order HOV stickers for buyers anymore?
6 years ago when I got my first Leaf the dealership applied for all my docs, stickers, rebates, etc. 3 years after that they didn’t do it anymore.

With my experience buying 2 SR+’s last quarter, I had to apply for everything. Tesla did not do it. But, Tesla web site had all the docs I needed to apply for everything on my own. That part was good.