Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to receive loan statement if financed from Tesla directly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my X on the last day of the quarter in NJ which I financed directly with Tesla (Chase bank). They gave me a temp tag and temp reg that expires on 10/28 which is in 2 days, and I haven't received anything. On top of that I called Chase, and they can't find my auto loan, and no auto loan has hit my credit score. I'm starting to worry they got my financing mixed up and that's why NJ DMV hasn't mailed me the tags yet...

Yup, took delivery on last day of quarter, their system showed finance. It was only after I didn't receive my tags, and didn't see a new loan on my credit report that I called them. They said they are seeing how this slipped through the cracks, and will call me on Monday, but I did get assurances they wouldn't come and impound the car in the middle of the night. lol

Pickup 9/30 for me. Tesla finance approved through US Bank week before. Signed all papers, all good. No loan info has hit bureaus nor anything from US Bank. Now, tonight, Tesla finance emails me telling me to unlock all three bureaus So we can “refresh your credit to finalize the loan approval”. I told them to pound sand - no way am I taking another hard pull just because they sat on paperwork and never submitted it to the bank.

And no registration from dmv yet either. If it is expired and I get a ticket Tesla will be paying for that too. Sounds to me like they messed up big on end of quarter deliveries.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Pickup 9/30 for me. Tesla finance approved through US Bank week before. Signed all papers, all good. No loan info has hit bureaus nor anything from US Bank. Now, tonight, Tesla finance emails me telling me to unlock all three bureaus So we can “refresh your credit to finalize the loan approval”. I told them to pound sand - no way am I taking another hard pull just because they sat on paperwork and never submitted it to the bank.

And no registration from dmv yet either. If it is expired and I get a ticket Tesla will be paying for that too. Sounds to me like they messed up big on end of quarter deliveries.

Oh - and at pick up I asked for a copy of all the papers I signed, and they said they didn’t have time to make them but that they would “all be loaded into my website”. Guess where they aren’t? Yep, the website. I should have just taken pictures of every page. Such a failure that day was.

• Informative
Found out Tesla submitted my registration to DMV 2 days ago (30 days after purchase). 45 day window for temp. SC said I could swing by and get another temp registration if I don't have it by then. They had no idea why it took a month to get to. They couldn't comment on the finance issue I had; said I would have to deal with Finance Office, but they agreed that it was crazy they were asking to pull credit again a month after getting the car. I'm not sure that US Bank would have my info, but I see on my loan docs that 11/14 is first payment. Don't really want to miss it, but it feels odd that I have to hunt down the lender to pay them, right?

• Informative
Found out Tesla submitted my registration to DMV 2 days ago (30 days after purchase). 45 day window for temp. SC said I could swing by and get another temp registration if I don't have it by then. They had no idea why it took a month to get to. They couldn't comment on the finance issue I had; said I would have to deal with Finance Office, but they agreed that it was crazy they were asking to pull credit again a month after getting the car. I'm not sure that US Bank would have my info, but I see on my loan docs that 11/14 is first payment. Don't really want to miss it, but it feels odd that I have to hunt down the lender to pay them, right?

Update. Still no registration, so I had to go and get another temp reg paper for the windshield.

US bank also sent me a letter saying I was denied for an auto loan. This was 45 days after pickup, after signing all loan documents at delivery. Nobody at finance will take a call (Voicemail), OA says they don't deal with it, and I can't get ahold of DS. Nice right? I'm tempted to not do anything and see what happens but I can see either Tesla attempting to repossess, or, forcing me to pay cash or get another third party loan myself (at a higher interest rate now). How does Tesla continue to go so wrong in what they do? It's amazing.

• Informative
Update. Still no registration, so I had to go and get another temp reg paper for the windshield.

US bank also sent me a letter saying I was denied for an auto loan. This was 45 days after pickup, after signing all loan documents at delivery. Nobody at finance will take a call (Voicemail), OA says they don't deal with it, and I can't get ahold of DS. Nice right? I'm tempted to not do anything and see what happens but I can see either Tesla attempting to repossess, or, forcing me to pay cash or get another third party loan myself (at a higher interest rate now). How does Tesla continue to go so wrong in what they do? It's amazing.
Absolutely do nothing at this point. They have screwed up and you have made the effort to correct the problem. I assume that you have insurance that covers any vehicle you drive? Tesla has kindly given you a loaner. For how long? That is up to them. I would reorder if, after 90 days, they do nothing. Check with a local attorney to make sure.

• Informative
Absolutely do nothing at this point. They have screwed up and you have made the effort to correct the problem. I assume that you have insurance that covers any vehicle you drive? Tesla has kindly given you a loaner. For how long? That is up to them. I would reorder if, after 90 days, they do nothing. Check with a local attorney to make sure.
Ya, just don’t want to lose the $10k or so I already have paid them for tax and deposit. Nor do I really want to pay an attorney. Those costs can escalate quickly. I have insurance on the vehicle I bought as well as others. Not concerned there.

Update:

Tesla Finance emailed me and said too bad. Pull another report that's it. No options. Talked to my DS, (who is no longer a DS), and she said she thought that wasn't right, and would talk to Tesla Finance.

Today I got an email from someone at Tesla that was doing the registrations for my SC. (from 9/30). She said the DMV was asking for more documents for my business. I sent her again the same document that I a) sent to my OA before delivery, and b) gave a hardcopy of to my SC when it was delivered.

In 33 days not only will I still likely not have a loan in place, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven either. Super work Tesla!

• Informative
Update:

Tesla Finance emailed me and said too bad. Pull another report that's it. No options. Talked to my DS, (who is no longer a DS), and she said she thought that wasn't right, and would talk to Tesla Finance.

Today I got an email from someone at Tesla that was doing the registrations for my SC. (from 9/30). She said the DMV was asking for more documents for my business. I sent her again the same document that I a) sent to my OA before delivery, and b) gave a hardcopy of to my SC when it was delivered.

In 33 days not only will I still likely not have a loan in place, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven either. Super work Tesla!
Call to be sure, but you should be able to take your delivery paperwork to your tag agency and they should be able to issue you a tag as long as the title work has been done. The loan is not an issue.

On another note, my temp tag expired and no one at the delivery center would return my voicemails for over a week. I was unable to drive my X. I called the corporate office and was told to go get my tag from the GA DMV, One phone call from the DC could have stopped all the drama. No one was so busy at the beginning of the quarter that they could not make a two minute call to tell me this. Two weeks earlier, they had me FedExing the tag work to them as they said I needed to sign it. I was tempted, at that time, to simply do it myself. But I assumed they were handling it. Ass u me.