Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does it take to schedule a test drive?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it take to schedule a test drive? I'm prepared to buy a Model X but I filled out the form for a test drive 10 days ago and I've heard nothing. Is there normally a long delay? After submitting the form, the page said I'd be contacted within a day but obviously that hasn't happened. I'm in New Orleans, if location has to do with timing. Curious to hear others' experiences.

4 years ago I just stopped by a showroom in Palos Alto and drove a Model S. A year later we put a deposit down on a Model X but they weren't in production then so no test drive. Probably not relevant to today or your expectation but just one users experience. 2 1/2 years later still happy with the MX.

4 years ago I just stopped by a showroom in Palos Alto and drove a Model S. A year later we put a deposit down on a Model X but they weren't in production then so no test drive. Probably not relevant to today or your expectation but just one users experience. 2 1/2 years later still happy with the MX.
Thanks for chiming in! There is no showroom in my whole state, unfortunately. Our local government is in the pocket of the dealerships and has forbidden Tesla from having a presence. I see so many Teslas in town though so people are making it happen somehow.

For me, I was able to schedule the test drive from the Tesla website, but my Service Center was only 30 minutes away. I picked the date and time and it was scheduled. I received a call from an OA at the center maybe 2 days before the test drive just to confirm I was still coming.

I guess if you aren't near a Service Center it must be a different experience...

We dropped by a showroom on a Saturday and made our appointment while there, for the second Monday afterward. Strangely, we hadn't received a confirmation call-back so I called them back to check the date and they hadn't scheduled us but the person who I got on the phone was the OA that does the test-drives and he booked us in for the original date.

So, as Spelly88 suggested, call them.

I walked in on a Tuesday morning and got a test drive in 20 minutes. Bought the car in an hour. The waited 3 months to get the car:mad:

Do they have demo cars based at your local location? The Dublin SC here has 2 or 3 demos Xs, a couple of Demo S, and now a performance Demo 3.

If that question was directed at me, then yes. The showroom we went to was in a shopping mall and they had several demos there that we had to walk out into a parking structure to get to. At the time, they only had a Model X and a few Model S's, but no Model 3's.

Do they have demo cars based at your local location? The Dublin SC here has 2 or 3 demos Xs, a couple of Demo S, and now a performance Demo 3.