Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does production take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MS60 (Vin 7777*) moved into production yesterday 3/9! I've heard anywhere from 1-3 weeks to complete production and be ready for pickup. What have you guys experienced?

Average production time is 5 days (average is actually a little longer than that right now but I'm ignoring the recent longer trend for 85D and P85D cars since you've said you have a S60 on order). Time from production completion to delivery varies. Depends on how far it has to go and sometimes just if you're the last one to go on a truck or you have to wait. I think it's safe to assume you'll have your car by the end of the month since this is the last month of the quarter.

Yeah i totally expect it this month for the same reason. I was originally scheduled for mid April and a March 30th production date but this past weekend they called and told me they were moving me up almost a month.

I live 180 miles from the Fremont factory so im hoping in a week or two it a be here.

Yeah i totally expect it this month for the same reason. I was originally scheduled for mid April and a March 30th production date but this past weekend they called and told me they were moving me up almost a month.

I live 180 miles from the Fremont factory so im hoping in a week or two it a be here.

I wish I was that close! I would absolutely drive down to pick it up and tour the factory!

My S85 spent six days in production. It started on Thursday and the morning of the following Wednesday it was done. (I heard the factory is closed on Sunday so that's five days actually being worked on.) It arrived at my local service center (Rockville, MD) the following Monday and was ready for me to pick it up Tuesday, so 12 days from entering production to pickup. (I couldn't get it immediately because of paperwork nonsense, but the car itself was ready and I could have picked it up then if I had been a bit more on the ball.)

Just a data point for you, no idea how it would relate to yours.

A data point that might not be relevant (since it's an 85D) or might be (since mine also went into production on 9-Mar) but my car is already apparently out of production. 2 days seems way too quick, but I sure won't complain; maybe yours will see a similar accelerated build?

I'm still in: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

I'm assuming that means it's waiting to START production. Will I get notice as to when they start building it?

I'm Going nuts waiting!

I'm still in: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

I'm assuming that means it's waiting to START production. Will I get notice as to when they start building it?

I'm Going nuts waiting!

Yeah you will get a status change to In Production and something along the lines of We are building your car in Fremont. Right now you are on standby. Did they assign a vin yet?

- - - Updated - - -

And now im in "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery." Things are going quick

Mine's been in production all week and still is.

Looking at the Google tracking spreadsheet, there was one MS recently that completed production and arrived on the East Coast in about 3 days I think.

Thats weird, mine stayed 2 and a half days in transit. Im going out of town on Sunday but will be back Wednesday. Hopefully that 3 day shipping time is on point and I can pick it up Thursday or Friday!!