Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does your tires last?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I have the 2019 Model 3 with about 18600 miles. I have the 19" Tesla rims package with Continental tires. After 18600 miles, my rear tires only have less than 1/4" inch left. I was surprised the tires didn't even last more than 30k. I believe this is due to weight of the battery and torque of an EV make the tire wear out faster but not that quick. I am not that of an agressive driver.

Anyone has similar experience?

Battery weight ( which is significantly more than an ICE car engine ), regenerative braking, very aggressive acceleration, cold tire pressure and general driving habit all impact tire life. Local road condition too contributes to tire mileage. There is no one single cause , only some are more applicable in some cases than others.

Hi all. I have the 2019 Model 3 with about 18600 miles. I have the 19" Tesla rims package with Continental tires. After 18600 miles, my rear tires only have less than 1/4" inch left. I was surprised the tires didn't even last more than 30k. I believe this is due to weight of the battery and torque of an EV make the tire wear out faster but not that quick. I am not that of an agressive driver.

Anyone has similar experience?
1/4" is 8/32", which is almost a brand new tire. Tire tread is measured in /32nds of an inch in the USA.

My tires last about 22,000 to 30,000 miles, depending on how I drive with them. My all-seasons that I have fun with are on that lower range, and my winter tires that I'm gentle on are on the higher range.

I put almost 40k on my PS4S and still have some tread left. I put almost 20k on my Blizzak LM-32’s and just replaced them….they still have tread….but are worn down to the “winter” bar Indicators.

Hi all. I have the 2019 Model 3 with about 18600 miles. I have the 19" Tesla rims package with Continental tires. After 18600 miles, my rear tires only have less than 1/4" inch left. I was surprised the tires didn't even last more than 30k.

1/4" = 8/32" which is only 1/32" worn from the Continental ProContact RX 235/40/19 T1 new tread depth of 9/32".

The usual measures for tire replacement are that 2/32" is the legal minimum, but wet performance declines significantly below 4/32".

09/2021 China M3 LFP with factory Michelin Pilotsport 4 gave an amazing 1001,000Km or 63,000miles and still had not reached the wear indicators which seemed to have not change from 80,000 when I first thought I’d need to change them. Decide 100,000km was good enough for me as we were coming into the rainy season and did not want to chance it. Now on Hankook ION EVO’s and hope they can deliver the same kind of range, they certainly seem quieter.