Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for Camera Calibration ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

haroldo

Apr 20, 2021
NJ
I got my car yesterday, and have driven 144 miles, mostly highway, during daytime, with clear visibility, not any glare, and all very visible painted lines.
TACC isn't available yet, nor any of the other fancy vision oriented features.
The advisor who helped me yesterday said calibration takes about an hour, or 20-30 miles (depending on conditions).
The conditions between yesterday and today couldn't have been better.
I'm guessing my car is one of the first that was camera only (no radar). Would that matter?
How long should this take? Is there anything I can do (call Tesla, etc.)

Thanks!

I got my car yesterday, and have driven 144 miles, mostly highway, during daytime, with clear visibility, not any glare, and all very visible painted lines.
The advisor who helped me yesterday said calibration takes about an hour, or 20-30 miles (depending on conditions).
I'm guessing my car is one of the first that was camera only (no radar). Would that matter?

Thanks!

Mine took several days and several drives to calibrate. Don't remember the exact mileage, but it was well over 30 (car had 39 coming from the local Service Center by itself). I want to say it was around the 150 mile mark though. I'd give it a few more drives before you start to worry.

Tim

Reactions: haroldo

Thanks!
I just recently had a windshield replaced. Took about a week and about 300 miles to calibrate. I had to drive in various roadway environments is my best guess as it took about 20 miles (all freeway) when I first got the car in late 2019.

From the manual:

Calibration typically completes after driving 20-25 miles (32-40 km), but the distance varies depending on road and environmental conditions. Driving on a straight road with highly-visible lane lines allows Model 3 to calibrate quicker.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Mine has 208 miles at the moment. The cameras still aren’t calibrated. I’ve driven it in a good mix of highway and city streets that are well marked. I did a reset on the calibration and have also rebooted but that doesn’t seemed to have helped.
It seems to get to 99% and then bounces back to 97% and works it’s way up back to 99%. Not sure what it’s going to take to get it to 100%. The vehicle is on 2021.4.18.10. Anyone have a similar experience on vision only Y?

Reactions: BitJam
Mine has 208 miles at the moment. The cameras still aren’t calibrated. I’ve driven it in a good mix of highway and city streets that are well marked. I did a reset on the calibration and have also rebooted but that doesn’t seemed to have helped.
It seems to get to 99% and then bounces back to 97% and works it’s way up back to 99%. Not sure what it’s going to take to get it to 100%. The vehicle is on 2021.4.18.10. Anyone have a similar experience on vision only Y?
I've had my M3LR for a week now and have 318 miles on it yet still no calibration either. I have been doing highway driving and driving around town. I'm on the same software version as you. One would think it would have calibrated by now.

I've had my M3LR for a week now and have 318 miles on it yet still no calibration either. I have been doing highway driving and driving around town. I'm on the same software version as you. One would think it would have calibrated by now.
I am having the same problem as you and vpatel787. I am on the same version with vision only as well. I scheduled a mobile service visit but the technician didn't fix it.