Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for delivery after VIN?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once VIN is assigned how long does it take for Tesla to deliver cars on the East coast? I was reading it can take up to 3 weeks. My current estimate is two weeks. Wondering if anybody got it sooner and 3 weeks is a “low expectation” type thing.

Minnesota here. Got my Vin the same day I got the notice to give them the payment for my purchase and to schedule my pickup (if you are taking a loan I don't think you'd get this). And I'd checked a day or two earlier and it wasn't in the source code of the webpage either, just the reservation number.

Anyways, the earliest delivery date I could pick was 8-9 days out from when I got the VIN

7/18: Ordered SR+ White/White 19" (4-8 week delivery)
8/10: Text for 3-6 weeks
8/25: Text for 2-4 weeks
8/28: VIN/Mvpa arrived in my account (no one texted/called me)
9/2: Called Tesla today since I hadn't received a text to schedule delivery and they said my car is on the way and is expected to be here on the 20th...so they scheduled me while on the phone for an appt on the 20th of this month...:(

I didn't think it would take nearly 3 weeks to ship a car from CA to TX... Hoping for earlier delivery!

7/18: Ordered SR+ White/White 19" (4-8 week delivery)
8/10: Text for 3-6 weeks
8/25: Text for 2-4 weeks
8/28: VIN/Mvpa arrived in my account (no one texted/called me)
9/2: Called Tesla today since I hadn't received a text to schedule delivery and they said my car is on the way and is expected to be here on the 20th...so they scheduled me while on the phone for an appt on the 20th of this month...:(

I didn't think it would take nearly 3 weeks to ship a car from CA to TX... Hoping for earlier delivery!

Congratulations! Hope the delivery sooner than expected!

10/1 - ordered Model Y online w/ white exterior and black interior (4-8 weeks delivery)
10/12 - texted RN number to sales rep
10/17 - VIN appeared on my online account
10/19 - called Tesla to arrange delivery - found out that the car is still on the factory floor so VIN assignment does not equal a ready-to-ship car. Was advised to expect a notification once the car ships and check back in a week if no notification.

I live in NJ.

10/1 - ordered Model Y online w/ white exterior and black interior (4-8 weeks delivery)
10/12 - texted RN number to sales rep
10/17 - VIN appeared on my online account
10/19 - called Tesla to arrange delivery - found out that the car is still on the factory floor so VIN assignment does not equal a ready-to-ship car. Was advised to expect a notification once the car ships and check back in a week if no notification.

I live in NJ.

Cool. Congrats on 2021 Model Y.
I thought you are the first US confirmed 2021 VIN Model 3.