Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for VIN to be removed after car is rejected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, it took a little over 48 hours...not sure if I rattled someone's chain or if it took this long as I sent an email to our Service Center's order support email late in the afternoon, no reply, but no VIN on the LRM3 we are waiting for.

What ended up being wrong with the car that made you end up not taking it?

We weren't comfortable with the drivers side panel alignment and trunk alignment.
The drivers door to rear door gap was normal at the top and 2-3 times bigger at the bottom, the bottom of the drivers door was sticking out from the front of back door by 1/2".
The rear door was flush with the quarter, but the back of the door was low compared to the quarter panel.
The front door and front fender didn't align with the A Pillar.
It had been raining prior to me inspecting the car and you could see the moisture had made its way deeper into the window and weather seal contact than other cars nearby and very noticeable when compared to the passenger side, this seal might improve when all the panels are aligned.
The trunk didn't align with the roof on the passenger side and the gap between the trunk and rear window wasn't even side to side, we were told any attempt to correct the passenger side and window alignment would negatively impact the rest of the trunk alignment.
The Frunk was low compared to the fenders, this is a simple adjustment and did not factor into rejecting the car.
Original delivery was scheduled for 3/12 and was delayed as they stated the car had glass damage, the windshield and drivers door glass were damaged, they had the car for at least a week prior to us seeing it.
The car should have never left the factory without being made right, much less making it to the delivery date which falls on the Service Center.
Night and day difference in the rejected car vs our Blue/White LRM3 we picked up on 3/3.

• Funny
Reactions: Adam3
We weren't comfortable with the drivers side panel alignment and trunk alignment.
The drivers door to rear door gap was normal at the top and 2-3 times bigger at the bottom, the bottom of the drivers door was sticking out from the front of back door by 1/2".
The rear door was flush with the quarter, but the back of the door was low compared to the quarter panel.
The front door and front fender didn't align with the A Pillar.
It had been raining prior to me inspecting the car and you could see the moisture had made its way deeper into the window and weather seal contact than other cars nearby and very noticeable when compared to the passenger side, this seal might improve when all the panels are aligned.
The trunk didn't align with the roof on the passenger side and the gap between the trunk and rear window wasn't even side to side, we were told any attempt to correct the passenger side and window alignment would negatively impact the rest of the trunk alignment.
The Frunk was low compared to the fenders, this is a simple adjustment and did not factor into rejecting the car.
Original delivery was scheduled for 3/12 and was delayed as they stated the car had glass damage, the windshield and drivers door glass were damaged, they had the car for at least a week prior to us seeing it.
The car should have never left the factory without being made right, much less making it to the delivery date which falls on the Service Center.
Night and day difference in the rejected car vs our Blue/White LRM3 we picked up on 3/3.

Wow. That is bad. I have delivery coming in 4 days and honestly I'm nervous something like this will happen.

@tstolze How long after rejecting VIN did you get reassigned to a new one?
We were offered an inventory car from another Service Center about a week after we rejected our first car.
That car was delivered to our Service Center but had Black Interior, we ordered White, so that was reject #2.
We received our final VIN on April 26, and we picked the car up on May 5.
So reject on 3/18
Inventory car rejected on 3/27 or 3/28 I can't remember the exact day
3rd VIN received on 4/26 and picked up on 5/5

We were offered an inventory car from another Service Center about a week after we rejected our first car.
That car was delivered to our Service Center but had Black Interior, we ordered White, so that was reject #2.
We received our final VIN on April 26, and we picked the car up on May 5.
So reject on 3/18
Inventory car rejected on 3/27 or 3/28 I can't remember the exact day
3rd VIN received on 4/26 and picked up on 5/5
Thanks for the insight. I was just assigned a VIN today but won't be able to take delivery until after 10/1. Even though my SA ensured me I'd be rematched to another VIN right away, I wonder if there will be a delay due to EoQ push since that looks like what happened to you possibly.

In other words, they tried to rematch you for another Q1 delivery (ending 3/31) and then it took a while to match you again to a VIN.