Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long for wall connector order to ship? How do you get customer service to respond to you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that some products are backordered, but when I ordered my wall connector over a month ago there were no out of stock notifications.

I’ve yet to receive any order update or shipping info in 49 days.

What’s sordid is that I’ve emailed customer service 6x and chatted online and have gotten 0 responses to my emails and no help from the chat. I was in for service and the lady helping me said she asked a contact she had to expedite my order and that it’d be shipped within 48hrs...this was 7 days ago :(.

How long did it take for others to get their connector shipped? Also, any suggestions on how to go about actually getting an answer from someone at Tesla.? I think I’m more upset about the fact that 7 weeks have passed since they took my money and I can’t even get an email back.

TIA!

Seven weeks ... that's bad. My electrician installed the wiring for our home charger a week ago. But his shop was out of wall connectors of either color. He told me that they were on order and it should take about three weeks for them to come in.

That said, the headline "Tesla Delivers Record 95K Cars in Q2" probably has a lot to do with it. Their inventory algorithm failed to account for a higher-than-historical level of connector demand, or Tesla doesn't have the supplier/manufacturer capacity to meet the demand. Or both.

Please keep us updated, Dwalt. I'll let you know when ours comes in. We're both on the east coast so it should be around the same time.
Thanks!

Seven weeks ... that's bad. My electrician installed the wiring for our home charger a week ago. But his shop was out of wall connectors of either color. He told me that they were on order and it should take about three weeks for them to come in.

That said, the headline "Tesla Delivers Record 95K Cars in Q2" probably has a lot to do with it. Their inventory algorithm failed to account for a higher-than-historical level of connector demand, or Tesla doesn't have the supplier/manufacturer capacity to meet the demand. Or both.

Please keep us updated, Dwalt. I'll let you know when ours comes in. We're both on the east coast so it should be around the same time.
Thanks!

Ah what a bummer that you’re in the same boat :(. I totally get inventory issues...they’re growing fast. I just don’t understand how the customer service goes completely AWOL with 0 responses for almost 2 months. Crazy.

Hope you get yours soon!

Ah what a bummer that you’re in the same boat :(. I totally get inventory issues...they’re growing fast. I just don’t understand how the customer service goes completely AWOL with 0 responses for almost 2 months. Crazy.

Hope you get yours soon!
I was waiting since 6/11 for a black HPWC which was sold out on the Tesla website. I clicked the link to notify me when it is back in stock.

I got an email this morning saying it is in stock. I ordered it this morning via the website. This afternoon I got an email saying it was shipped via FedEx.