Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long have you been waiting? (when did you reserve?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I put my deposit down in October, 2010. I can just feel the excitement & anticipation building each day. I see you're a roadster owner. How long did you have to wait for the roadster? I would have gotten one, if I could have figured out how to stuff 3 grandkids in the trunk.........

Yeah, I put my deposit down in October, 2010. I can just feel the excitement & anticipation building each day. I see you're a roadster owner. How long did you have to wait for the roadster? I would have gotten one, if I could have figured out how to stuff 3 grandkids in the trunk.........

I reserved the Model S in May 2009. I told myself to be good and just wait but obviously wasn't patient enough and ordered the Roadster in Oct. 2010 and it was delivered at the end of December 2010. The Model S is so much more practical of course and I'm looking forward to AC that works well in the summer here.

WOW! And I thought I had been waiting a long time! Have you had a test drive yet? I had mine a couple of weeks ago in Hawthorne, and it was pretty awesome. From what I can recall from driving the Roadster, the Model is almost as exciting, but more comfortable.

I reserved the Model S in May 2009. I told myself to be good and just wait but obviously wasn't patient enough and ordered the Roadster in Oct. 2010 and it was delivered at the end of December 2010. The Model S is so much more practical of course and I'm looking forward to AC that works well in the summer here.

We're like carbon copies of each other Dave. I think I was maybe a month ahead of you in both cases. :)

-Jason

WOW! And I thought I had been waiting a long time! Have you had a test drive yet? I had mine a couple of weeks ago in Hawthorne, and it was pretty awesome. From what I can recall from driving the Roadster, the Model is almost as exciting, but more comfortable.

Not yet. Really wanted to go to Fremont even but was there in October and couldn't justify the $1,000 for flight and hotel. I'm combining a trip to visit family with the Chicago drives so will get to drive it right before my actual car arrives.

We're like carbon copies of each other Dave. I think I was maybe a month ahead of you in both cases. :)

-Jason
That is funny. It's amazing how the reservation numbers slowly crept up until the pricing/options were revealed last winter and now have sky rocketed. I'll be giving test rides and some drives I'm sure when it arrives and hope to talk at least one person into getting one.

Mod Note: a portion of this post was moved to Prototype Red vs Signature Red (vs Sunset Red)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how the reservation numbers slowly crept up until the pricing/options were revealed last winter and now have sky rocketed. I'll be giving test rides and some drives I'm sure when it arrives and hope to talk at least one person into getting one.
Nah. Use reverse psychology. Confide in everyone that you hope they don't catch on because you want to remain as special and exclusive as possible, not having all the hoi-polloi Tom, Dick, and Harriets driving them, too!

:tongue::rolleyes::biggrin:

To throw my hat in... I reserved back in 2009, shortly after my test ride in NYC (April-Mayish). Had P#400-something, and upgraded last year putting me in 532. Looking at some of your numbers, if I'd upgraded back then I'd probably be expecting my car soon :(

I reserved on the first day possible (March 15(?), 2009, and was P96. I upgraded to a Sig as soon as they announced it would have the 85 kWh battery pack, and the third row of seats as an option. Originally, we were supposed to get first deliveries around the end of 2011. It's like watching dimishing marginal utility -- the closer we get to the end the long it seems to be taking!

I put my reservation in on Aug 9th, 2009 and I'm P#1117.
When I made my reservation they were talking about beginning Sig deliveries the end of 2011 with Production deliveries sometime spring 2012.
Getting a little nervous watching the current delays, and looks like Wall Street is also taking notice.
Looks like the stock price is starting to take a bad hit as word of delays trickles out.
All the naysayers and shorts are starting to get the "I told you so" snicker.

We put down our deposit on July 17, 2010, for P2222. When final pricing came out in December, we changed our reservation to Sig965, primarily because I wanted the sig red. I sold John on the upgrade by reminding him he could get HOV access earlier.

I pulled the trigger in May, 2012, received number P8xxx but immediately put myself on the waiting list for Sig (wanted RED!), so I'll be one of the lucky few who have one of the smallest waits.

When I made my reservation they were talking about beginning Sig deliveries the end of 2011 with Production deliveries sometime spring 2012.
Getting a little nervous watching the current delays, and looks like Wall Street is also taking notice.
Looks like the stock price is starting to take a bad hit as word of delays trickles out.
All the naysayers and shorts are starting to get the "I told you so" snicker.
What's amazing is that Tesla didn't get the NUMMI plant till the end of May 2010. That they have the plant up and running in that short amount of time is pretty phenomenal. Delays at this point are minor and are more about getting things right, rather than being able to deliver anything at all.