Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long is the wait from Order to delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to be absolutely clear, you ordered and then three days later, you had your car? I'm in southern California too, but I haven't heard of anyone getting their cars in less than a week after placing their order. They must've had your exact configuration already on a truck when you ordered, lol.

Yes, 3 days later we had the car. They have some cars at the delivery centers and are matching your order to one of those cars if is at the center that your are picking up from, that is why it was so quick, they had the car..

• Informative
Reactions: ImEric and SD_Engnr
Did you have to fly to the mainland to stand in line?
Just worked out that I had a trip to San Diego, so I headed to the closest Tesla store I could find, and stood in line with a lot of really cool peeps. Not sure if the California place of order made a difference or not, but like to think it did. I gave my second res to my sister, who lives 15 minutes from the Fremont factory, and she got the configure email on the same date.

Reactions: John Lamoureux
IF you look at the invite spreadsheet, I took a random sample of the data of people who have received cars and determined the mean and median of # of days from configuration to delivery and it turned out to be around 25 days which is 3-4 weeks on average.. I ordered mine 2/25 so I expect to receive SOMETHING ( at least a VIN assignment) by 3/23

The spreadsheet, though far from perfect, will give you a better picture of your wait time.

Access the information through the new website. I would look at delivery schedule to get an idea about how long others are waiting:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries Schedule

Also look at the VIN assignment table regarding your color choice and wheel size:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Assignment

And the California page under state to see how everyone in your state and city is doing:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - California

And as always, add or update your entry so we all have better data:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries

Thanks for sharing,
CJ

• Informative
Reactions: sooner
Another Link to look at: Tableau Public (this one shows the date from configuring to delivery across many reservations and how it is speeding up)

Also from the prior links, Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries people in Canada who reserved July 2017 have received their invite! Congrats Canada, you are the lucky country that is getting their Model 3 reservations completely run through the fastest.

Last edited:
The spreadsheet, though far from perfect, will give you a better picture of your wait time.

Access the information through the new website. I would look at delivery schedule to get an idea about how long others are waiting:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries Schedule

Also look at the VIN assignment table regarding your color choice and wheel size:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Assignment

And the California page under state to see how everyone in your state and city is doing:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - California

And as always, add or update your entry so we all have better data:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries

Thanks for sharing,
CJ

Being someone in big data, I really really get a kick out of these sites. They are intoxicating in their magnificence. I had not seen these before, so thanks for posting.