TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

How long is the wait from Order to delivery?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ImEric, Mar 7, 2018.

1. 1051

1051 Member

Yes, 3 days later we had the car. They have some cars at the delivery centers and are matching your order to one of those cars if is at the center that your are picking up from, that is why it was so quick, they had the car..

• Informative x 2
  2. fseir

fseir Member

Just worked out that I had a trip to San Diego, so I headed to the closest Tesla store I could find, and stood in line with a lot of really cool peeps. Not sure if the California place of order made a difference or not, but like to think it did. I gave my second res to my sister, who lives 15 minutes from the Fremont factory, and she got the configure email on the same date.

• Like x 1
  3. AMIYY4YOU

AMIYY4YOU Member

IF you look at the invite spreadsheet, I took a random sample of the data of people who have received cars and determined the mean and median of # of days from configuration to delivery and it turned out to be around 25 days which is 3-4 weeks on average.. I ordered mine 2/25 so I expect to receive SOMETHING ( at least a VIN assignment) by 3/23

4. FredVngo

FredVngo New Member

6 weeks from configuration to delivery of my white aero wheels , config 3/23/2018, got vin 4/23 and schedule delivery 5/4/2018. Long wait but happy ending!

5. chojn1

chojn1 Member

The spreadsheet, though far from perfect, will give you a better picture of your wait time.

Access the information through the new website. I would look at delivery schedule to get an idea about how long others are waiting:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - Deliveries Schedule

Also look at the VIN assignment table regarding your color choice and wheel size:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - VIN Assignment

And the California page under state to see how everyone in your state and city is doing:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - California

And as always, add or update your entry so we all have better data:

Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries

Thanks for sharing,
    CJ

• Informative x 1
  6. sooner

sooner Member

#26 sooner, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    Another Link to look at: Tableau Public (this one shows the date from configuring to delivery across many reservations and how it is speeding up)

Also from the prior links, Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries people in Canada who reserved July 2017 have received their invite! Congrats Canada, you are the lucky country that is getting their Model 3 reservations completely run through the fastest.

7. sooner

sooner Member

Being someone in big data, I really really get a kick out of these sites. They are intoxicating in their magnificence. I had not seen these before, so thanks for posting.