Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How LONG must I wait for my MCU2 UPGRADE???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This information is useless because Tesla's changes it monthly into yet another month delay.

Regardless, it's the best and most current information available at any given time. "Someone at Tesla" isn't going to have any better information to give, and as we've all seen reported here on many occasions, they often dispense random contradictory garbage just to get people to go away.

At least for most of the folks I have seen post on here (myself included), none of us actually got an e-mail. All of us were part of that first group of eligibility (MCU1/AP2.5/FSD pre-purchased) yet we had to reach out and schedule on our own. And some of us had to reach out a few times because of this communication gap Tesla is appearing to have.
Yep I’m in the MCU1/AP2.5/FSD group and have twice scheduled an appointment that they cancelled. I don’t know how to move past their “you have to wait for the email” that I’m highly skeptical that I’ll ever see.

Already changed the schedule!

Infotainment Upgrade

Configuration Beginning Availability
Autopilot Computer 2.5 with Full Self-Driving Capability Scheduling Now
Autopilot Computer 2.0 with Full Self-Driving Capability Scheduling Now
All remaining Model S and Model X owners Coming Soon

*Currently limited to US only at this time. Other regions to be announced.

Yep I’m in the MCU1/AP2.5/FSD group and have twice scheduled an appointment that they cancelled. I don’t know how to move past their “you have to wait for the email” that I’m highly skeptical that I’ll ever see.

The trick that worked for me was to send them the link to the Infotainment Upgrade page that showed my eligibility and to tell them I was NOT asking about a HW3 upgrade. I knew the HW3 upgrade would be performed at the same time, but the service rep answering my text seemed to be checking my VIN against the HW3 upgrade list and rejecting me solely off of that. Of course since I was on MCU1 at the time, I was not eligible for HW3.

When they open up the chat prior/during my repair I'll be asking them for further clarification on why I never received the email and why it took the mobile service guy changing something in their system in order to show mine as eligible.
I will be very interested if you learn anything from this. I just did an online chat with Tesla support and found it of no help. My basic question was whether they could confirm whether my HW2.5 car is yet eligible - whether an email has been sent that I perhaps missed. The only response I got was that they are experiencing delays right now due to a national emergency. I tried to pull that string, asking whether there is an actual parts shortage, and got no answer. The chat ended with essentially don’t call us, we’ll call you.

Now that they have added HW2.0 to the “scheduling now” list, it looks like more will be in the “but not for you” camp, as @MorrisonHiker has just found with his first try.

Did you actually get the confirmation of the appointment?

just curious, did you specifically get an invitation that your vin number is selected?

I got no email invite but had to press them over a one month period to schedule it for me. They sent me the service agreement with all the details. I think the parts are on order. We’ll see what happens in two weeks. Fingers crossed.

F9A616F6-066B-488E-B874-27BDA5CB538E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and croman
Open the app, select "Schedule Service" then "Accessories", then "Upgrades & Installations". At next screen enter requesting MCU2 and AP3 upgrade. Next screen: enter your address, select the service center. Next screen select date.

I did this yesterday and got a confirmation (actual bill) for next week.
I chose a different option the first time and received a cancellation text the next day. They didn't actually cancel the appointment so I just edited it and used the options you suggested. We'll see if I get a different answer tomorrow...

Tesla change the "Infotainment Update" web site to say AP 2.0 vehicles are "Scheduling Now" about the same time as Elon announced the Fremont factory was going to reopen Friday. But then Alemada county shut down their attempt to re-open. I wonder if that will have an effect on the upgrades that people managed to get scheduled. If nobody is allowed into Fremont to actually ship the parts, not much can be done. I'll at least call it good news that they must have gotten the process figured out.

Tesla change the "Infotainment Update" web site to say AP 2.0 vehicles are "Scheduling Now" about the same time as Elon announced the Fremont factory was going to reopen Friday. But then Alemada county shut down their attempt to re-open. I wonder if that will have an effect on the upgrades that people managed to get scheduled. If nobody is allowed into Fremont to actually ship the parts, not much can be done. I'll at least call it good news that they must have gotten the process figured out.

I've had a 2.5 kit and MCU1 shipped in the past 2 weeks. Maybe the kits won't be made but I actually think Tesla can do this preparation work and more at present but can't operate the vehicle manufacturing lines themselves.