Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to enable FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I bought a model x and paid for both AP and FSD. Picked up the car end of March and it only had AP enabled. Support admitted it was a mistake and filed a ticket to enable FSD on the car.

What happens next? Is there a hardware change to the car or just software? How long has it taken for others who had FSD enabled after the initial purchase?

Thanks.

Hi Greebo, and congrats on your new MX, you'll love it. The update is simply and OTA (over the air) software update. Get your MX plugged in, and on WiFi, and the update should take, although sometimes the push can take a few days.

Do you have the required hardware?

Yes. There is no special hardware required that was not shipped with the car. You do realize there have been no FSD features delivered to anyone yet. So your car’s behavior will not change. I would just like to get on the “List” instead of continuing to be offered the chance to buy it.

Reactions: Derek Kessler
Yes. There is no special hardware required that was not shipped with the car. You do realize there have been no FSD features delivered to anyone yet. So your car’s behavior will not change. I would just like to get on the “List” instead of continuing to be offered the chance to buy it.

I think auto park, summon and navigate on AP are now FSD features.

Tesla To Host Autonomy Investor Day | Tesla, Inc.

Tesla To Host Autonomy Investor Day

PALO ALTO, Calif., April 03, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tesla is making significant progress in the development of its autonomous driving software and hardware, including our FSD computer, which is currently in production and which will enable full-self driving via future over-the-air software updates. With a number of very exciting developments coming in the weeks and months ahead, Tesla will host investors on the morning of April 19th at our headquarters in Palo Alto to provide a deep dive into our self-driving technology and road map.

Investors will be able to take test-drives to experience our Autopilot software first-hand, including features and functionality that are under active development. Investors will also hear directly from Elon Musk, as well as VP of Engineering, Stuart Bowers, VP of Hardware Engineering, Pete Bannon, and Sr. Director of AI, Andrej Karpathy.

The event will be webcast. Additional details forthcoming.

You should call CS. At minimum have them put you on the AP trial (which is basically AP+FSD) until then.

Yup did all that, calls, email, you name it. I also talked to the SC manager that sold me the feature last fall. Finally went over to the store and had my favorite rep look up my car, but could not find the feature. So he opened yet another case to try to run it down. I have all the available features. Since nothing has been released to the masses that is remotely FSDish, I am not in a big panic I mainly wanted to get on the front side of the software, and make sure my future upgrade is cemented. I've not been able to confirm that happened. Crickets