Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to expect before I'm contacted by the DS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally bit the bullet and placed my order on August 8th, and it was confirmed on August 16th (Midnight Silver 85D). The car isn't expected to be delivered until late Sept/October (it was just Late September when I ordered...).

I haven't finalized the loan or had the outlet installed, because I wanted to see if the DS would have anything to say or add before I made final commitments. I know it's only been a few days, but hey, I'm excited!

So, roughly how long after the order was confirmed did you have to wait to get contacted by someone?

I'm sort of shocked they haven't contacted you already. They reached out to me two days after I placed the order - so well before confirmation.

Well, this is awesome timing—I was literally contacted less than an hour after I posted it. :biggrin:

My guess is the referral program has slammed Tesla. I noticed most of the recent serial numbers were below 100K, but mine (placed just a couple weeks later) is 102,115.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of effect that has on the delivery estimates, especially with the Model X rolling out soon (I assume).

I received a hand off email from the sales consultant I was working with, introducing my DS on the day of confirmation. I received an introductory email from my DS with a bunch of questions on the same day.

Handled as well as I could have expected.

Well, this is awesome timing—I was literally contacted less than an hour after I posted it. :biggrin:

My guess is the referral program has slammed Tesla. I noticed most of the recent serial numbers were below 100K, but mine (placed just a couple weeks later) is 102,115.

It'll be interesting to see what sort of effect that has on the delivery estimates, especially with the Model X rolling out soon (I assume).

Not surprising, not a coincidence. Many owners are contacted after posting about an issue. TM reads these forums & follows up when possible.