Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to get a design?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it usually take to go from "Home Assessment" to "Review and Accept Your Design" for solar paenls?

I completed all the documents on the April 21st, and the process doesn't seem to have moved since then. Is that normal? If so, when should I expect movement? It not, any way to get it moving again?

Everything seems to take a long time, but my install date was still very close to the estimated time. When I signed up I think it was 7-9 weeks, was installed at about 9 weeks. I had multiple design changes and a roof review which slowed things. My neighbor, had his done in about a month, if not less. His was simple, no changes needed etc. Mine was completed last week, his was completed today. If in doubt call, but don't expect to talk with your adviser. I had 2 separate advisers, never spoke with either of them, but the others I did talk with were helpful.

Mine was ready within just a few days of ordering for my conventional PV system. The solar roof one I ordered months ago for my vacation house has been sitting in "remote assessment" mode for two months with no responses from any of the 3 PAs that have passed through as assigned to the job. I've sent them all emails as they were assigned and never heard a thing. I got one email from Tesla explaining that there would be a price adjustment to account for roof complexity on solar roof orders. I replied to that email where I said that was great because my vacation house is an A-frame roof with a single ridge and I was expecting my solar roof quote to decrease in price due to the unusual simplicity of my roof. No response from that either;)

Mine was ready within just a few days of ordering for my conventional PV system. The solar roof one I ordered months ago for my vacation house has been sitting in "remote assessment" mode for two months with no responses from any of the 3 PAs that have passed through as assigned to the job. I've sent them all emails as they were assigned and never heard a thing. I got one email from Tesla explaining that there would be a price adjustment to account for roof complexity on solar roof orders. I replied to that email where I said that was great because my vacation house is an A-frame roof with a single ridge and I was expecting my solar roof quote to decrease in price due to the unusual simplicity of my roof. No response from that either;)

haha this is Classic!

I ended up canceling my solar roof and I am waiting for a solar panel design.

My layout was complete 7 days after ordering online. This was Jan 7 and Jan 14. Install was done April 13th and inspection a day later. Still waiting on PTO. According to my power company, nothing has been submitted for that. Been dealing with Tesla over the last month trying to get them to submit the application. Customer service and communication is really lacking.