Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to get the $50k deposit back?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates on this? I think I will do the same as you. Starting to believe it is still years away.

No, not yet. I actually called last week to cancel but it was too late in the day. As the stock price has recovered and I've found other liquidity sources I'll probably just sit on the reservation no matter how long it takes. I do agree 2024 at the earliest. Hey, at least it'll be cold fusion powered by the time it comes out. If I make a change I will update. Best of luck everyone! :)

No, not yet. I actually called last week to cancel but it was too late in the day. As the stock price has recovered and I've found other liquidity sources I'll probably just sit on the reservation no matter how long it takes. I do agree 2024 at the earliest. Hey, at least it'll be cold fusion powered by the time it comes out. If I make a change I will update. Best of luck everyone! :)
Should have bought Tesla stock for $50K instead of putting down a deposit at reveal time, would be able to buy a reservation if it ever becomes a reality, or just cash out for a different car if bored.

Should have bought Tesla stock for $50K instead of putting down a deposit at reveal time, would be able to buy a reservation if it ever becomes a reality, or just cash out for a different car if bored.
Better yet after getting our first Model 3 and realizing how game changing it was I put a few weeks of pay into TSLA in 2018, sold just before the Covid crash, doubled up buying near the bottom then sold a third near the top in late 2021 and made an insane multiple of profit where I then threw $50k at the Roadster just a couple months before they removed the pricing from it.

But thank you for your financial advice. 😊

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Better yet after getting our first Model 3 and realizing how game changing it was I put a few weeks of pay into TSLA in 2018, sold just before the Covid crash, doubled up buying near the bottom then sold a third near the top in late 2021 and made an insane multiple of profit where I then threw $50k at the Roadster just a couple months before they removed the pricing from it.

But thank you for your financial advice. 😊
Can you show proof of that?

Well what? You don’t expect me to take the time go through all my brokerage records years back to prove something to a stranger on the internet do you? You’re more than welcomed to search through all my postings here and thread something together if it’s important to you.

C7B82132-447E-4230-87A9-F5A6D85137BF.gif

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Well what? You don’t expect me to take the time go through all my brokerage records years back to prove something to a stranger on the internet do you? You’re more than welcomed to search through all my postings here and thread something together if it’s important to you.

View attachment 904801
Nice defensive answer….. didn’t expect that for sure.
no I didn’t expect you to prove your extremely well timed tesla stock success. or the fact you ordered a roadster.

Nice defensive answer….. didn’t expect that for sure.
no I didn’t expect you to prove your extremely well timed tesla stock success. or the fact you ordered a roadster.

1. You question if I even have a Roadster order but neglect to notice I'm the person who started this thread asking about how long it takes to get the deposit back.
2. Nothing I did as far as investing was Earth shattering and there was certainly a healthy dose of luck involved. Let's go over the steps so it doesn't seem to unbelievable to you, a stranger on the internet. Yes, when my wife and I got our first Model 3 I was so impressed that I, a previous automotive journalist who's driven everything, realized this was a game changer. I did a bit of research, saw the stock toxic, saw Giga Shanghai being built and figured let's do it. I opened up a brokerage account and bought some stock for the first time, TSLA. Buying Tesla in 2018 was a bit risky but seemed like a worthy bet. Next, the covid crash. Being in the investor forum there were discussions about covid in China long before it was in the news. Believe it or not but a thread in the investor forum was pretty much the most informative thing on covid back in the day. I started stocking up on goods and my wife thought I was insane. Some months later lockdown and she's like dayuuuummmm. I credited my expertise to this forum. I, and a number of long time posters on this forum sold our shares before the crash. Did I sell it at the top? No. But I sold it well before the actual crash started. Again, not rocket science and I was kinda of following the herd. Then, TSLA got so damn cheap that you had to figure it was the apocalypse for it to be priced correctly. Did I buy it all back at bottom? No, but shortly after and was able to double up and then some. Continuing on the stock went bananas, too far in my opinion. I started playing with options and selling calls against my shares. I did really well with it with help from the great minds on this forum. However, one week the stock ran so damn hard that I ended up executing one of my call options. I was pretty bummed about it but took some of the profits and put the deposit down to cheer myself up. Fast forward, I'm super happy I got that option called because a little while after that everything started to crumble. I did error in selling puts on the way down and got called and had to buy 300 shares of TSLA at $300 [split adjusted] but that's fine as I know it'll be far more than that some day. So that's the story of how I, your average android, did exactly what I said I did. And you, a stranger on the internet, are requesting financial proof. Am I defensive? Maybe, but come on man that's weird. lol

I'll give you proof of Roadster deposit, beyond pointing out that I started this thread, because that's an easy one. lol Again, if you want more proof feel free to search through my thousands of posts over the years starting way before it was cool to own TSLA.

Enjoy!

Best,
Gene :)

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 7.28.25 PM.png

1. You question if I even have a Roadster order but neglect to notice I'm the person who started this thread asking about how long it takes to get the deposit back.
2. Nothing I did as far as investing was Earth shattering and there was certainly a healthy dose of luck involved. Let's go over the steps so it doesn't seem to unbelievable to you, a stranger on the internet. Yes, when my wife and I got our first Model 3 I was so impressed that I, a previous automotive journalist who's driven everything, realized this was a game changer. I did a bit of research, saw the stock toxic, saw Giga Shanghai being built and figured let's do it. I opened up a brokerage account and bought some stock for the first time, TSLA. Buying Tesla in 2018 was a bit risky but seemed like a worthy bet. Next, the covid crash. Being in the investor forum there were discussions about covid in China long before it was in the news. Believe it or not but a thread in the investor forum was pretty much the most informative thing on covid back in the day. I started stocking up on goods and my wife thought I was insane. Some months later lockdown and she's like dayuuuummmm. I credited my expertise to this forum. I, and a number of long time posters on this forum sold our shares before the crash. Did I sell it at the top? No. But I sold it well before the actual crash started. Again, not rocket science and I was kinda of following the herd. Then, TSLA got so damn cheap that you had to figure it was the apocalypse for it to be priced correctly. Did I buy it all back at bottom? No, but shortly after and was able to double up and then some. Continuing on the stock went bananas, too far in my opinion. I started playing with options and selling calls against my shares. I did really well with it with help from the great minds on this forum. However, one week the stock ran so damn hard that I ended up executing one of my call options. I was pretty bummed about it but took some of the profits and put the deposit down to cheer myself up. Fast forward, I'm super happy I got that option called because a little while after that everything started to crumble. I did error in selling puts on the way down and got called and had to buy 300 shares of TSLA at $300 [split adjusted] but that's fine as I know it'll be far more than that some day. So that's the story of how I, your average android, did exactly what I said I did. And you, a stranger on the internet, are requesting financial proof. Am I defensive? Maybe, but come on man that's weird. lol

I'll give you proof of Roadster deposit, beyond pointing out that I started this thread, because that's an easy one. lol Again, if you want more proof feel free to search through my thousands of posts over the years starting way before it was cool to own TSLA.

Enjoy!

Best,
Gene :)

View attachment 904876
Now that’s a story I believe! I wasn’t aware you could order more than one truck at a time.
I actually was talked out of a roadster reservation and into a 2019 performance 3. I also purchased tsla aug 22, 2019. 14.70¢ in today’s money or 117$ per share then, the amount of shares is not important but I haven’t touched it ever since.

I’ve still got my deposit down. I was hoping for this year, but given the recent news, and price drop, I just bought (another) 3P to hold me over for a while. A red one. Now I need to find a good set of 19” wheels for it. (I’m not a fan of the 20s)

I’m thinking a red roadster when it comes.

Cheers..
Nice choice.

Attachments

• 6A43A508-18AA-4EB3-B395-326CD2064EF1.jpeg
    6A43A508-18AA-4EB3-B395-326CD2064EF1.jpeg
    907.5 KB · Views: 81