Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Long to Receive Registration After Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i took delivery last weekend in Charlotte (awesome car!). I received temporary NC tags, but I live in SC and so will need to register the car here. For those who have taken deliver recently, how long did it take you to receive your bill of sale, etc from Tesla?

Picked up my 3 at Westmont, IL, on Dec 14, 2018. I received the bill of sale that night, as everyone should (in real time, upon full payment). The MSO required to get your title will vary quite a bit; mine arrived by FedEx 2 weeks after delivery (even without pestering Tesla).

Took me just under a month (when the temp tags expire) in Virginia. Don’t know about ‘sending to the DMV’. I assume they batch them up and someone takes all the info there once a month as they have to include all the power of attorney forms as well as the car info, etc. All they need to do is beat the expiration of the temp tags for the batch.

My permanent info (registration only since it was a transfer) was FedEx’d to me a few days under a month after the sale date.

I spoke to my delivery advisor today, and he said I should receive the paperwork in the mail next week, which would be two weeks after delivery. I am transferring my tag from another car, so I assume I will just take the paperwork to DMV. South Carolina gives one 45 days to continue using the tag from my old car, so I should be good. Thanks everyone.

States are different but in Nevada all you to register the car is the MVPA. The Title is a different thing. That took 4 months. I got a copy of the MVPA when I received the car and DMV was happy with that.

I am moving to Nevada in May 2019 with a new Model 3 with temporary registration in PA. I just got the car so title has yet to arrive. Okay to go to Nevada and register the car there if I don’t get the title in time?