Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long to wait for FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one knows, the last time they accepted a group was back in June around when 10.12.2 was released.
I've been in since 10.3 and I'm still waiting on an FSD update just to get from 10.12.2 to 10.69.2, so it's probably very low priority to add anyone before the wide beta access by end of year.

I've had a safety score higher than 98 since July 6 and am still waiting to enter the program. I think I'm in the same boat and that they will be increasing the testing pool in batches without knowing when or how large those pool increases will be.

On a side note, the safety score seems flawed. It assumes 100% accuracy for detecting unsafe driving and doesn't have a sense of context. There have been several false alerts where the hardware misinterpreted an obstacle and penalized me incorrectly. It's awful that this would be used as the basis for determining how much to pay for insurance. Customers will have to pay real money because TeslaVision misreads an event.

Even more worrisome, so long as the system does this it would seem to encourage unsafe situations, such as avoiding using the brakes when necessary to avoid a Hard Braking penalty. If Tesla wants customers to play a game while driving they better be certain the game that they are making customers play is actually safer than actual driving and that the referees (autopilot sensors) are accurate.

But that's a discussion for another thread...