TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How long until the facelifted MS becomes a CPO option?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by nexsuperne101, Jul 19, 2016.

1. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

Hello,

I cancelled my Model 3 reservation, as I test drove a Model S the other day, and despite most people saying about how big it is on UK roads, I found it quite alright. That said, I have had mid sized pick up trucks for years, so the MS is 18 inches shorter but about the same width. I have costed for a new MS, but for a 60D with AP, nextgen seats, deep blue metallic paint, Pano roof, premium upgrade and the 21" wheels is north of £70k.

What is the depreciation like on a Model S?
    Is it worth £20K in my pocket to wait just a year to 18 months to get a CPO deal?

Thanks in advance.

2. carter_seattle

If you wait 12-18 months, won't there just be another variant of "facelift" that you'll want? Seems like the consensus is to buy the most Tesla you can afford today.

• Love x 1
  3. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

in 12-18 months maybe Tesla will release 85D CPO.

• Like x 1
  4. nexsuperne101

nexsuperne101 Member

I like the new shape. I don't like the classic, which is why I am willing to wait. I can still wait 18 months for what is currently the new version of the S, and have that as a CPO for much less than a new one, and much sooner than the Model 3 that I just cancelled would take to be delivered.
    I know that a CPO classic P85+ loaded is only £62k for about 18 months old and less than 10,000 miles on the clock, so hoped that a CPO 60D would have an even higher depreciation, especially with the M3 coming out.

5. jtpassat

jtpassat Member

12 months ago, I was thinking the 85D would become available as a CPO since the Model X came out but that has yet to happen. Tesla controls the CPO program and has no qualms on holding onto their used car inventory for whatever reason they want.