Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long was your wait in line? (I think we were at the slowest store..)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I arrived to the Tyson's Corner-Tyco Road, Virginia store at 8:30 am and I was #115 or so in the line. I was out of the store, reservation made, at 11:05 am. From the moment the store opened at 10:00 am, it took me around an hour to make a reservation.. I think it moved at a good pace. There were probably some 150-200 still in line when I left at 11:10 am.

Denver, arrived at 8:00 to a deceptive line (store is in a mall), looked like a dozen people and I was told to head upstairs. Saw a secondary line of about 80 people, figured that was pretty good, got the end and was told to head outside in the snow. The line out there was about another 100 people or so. They started taking reservations around 11am, so waited outside about 3 hours, got into the mall and waited another hour or so. I think in the end there were another 400-500 people behind me.

Loved every minute (except when I couldn't feel my toes)...

Yep. Arrived at 10am, done at 12:30pm.

That's faster than what we had. What number were you in line?

Austin, TX 287 in line. Got there just after 9am. Out the door at 12:45...line was still around the block when I left.

That seems a little faster than Brea...

Marrietta, Georgia. I got there about 9:15 and was somewhere in the upper 80s in line. 4 people taking orders and I was taken care of right about 11.

Not too many people in line there. Must be the effect of expired GA State incentives... Can you imagine what the price would have been if GA still had its state incentives.

Chicago - Grand Avenue. Arrived at 4. Second in line. Out of the door at 10:05

That's a SIX hour wait (or five minutes according to when they opened metric).

I went to Buena Park about 5:30 p.m. and there were two in front of me. The order takers were exhausted.

Still earlier than online orders.

Got to Anchorage 10:00; still waiting.

Oh, right. They've not opened the store yet. Why didn't anyone tell me?!?;)

Funny! Latest is SC all the way to Alaska (according Elon's latest tweets...) just no word of when that portion of SC network would be complete

I arrived to the Tyson's Corner-Tyco Road, Virginia store at 8:30 am and I was #115 or so in the line. I was out of the store, reservation made, at 11:05 am. From the moment the store opened at 10:00 am, it took me around an hour to make a reservation.. I think it moved at a good pace. There were probably some 150-200 still in line when I left at 11:10 am.

How many order takers?

Anyone go to the Buena Park store early? Heard they started at 9am.

I arrived at Buena Park before 9:00 AM. The line was very long, more importantly, there was nowhere to park nearby... So, that's what made us go to Brea.

Hawaii showed up at 11:00 am no one in line was out by 11:10! I heard there was about 70 people in line at 10:00

Still earlier than me. 11:00 AM Hawaii time is 2:00 PM Pacific Time, if I'm not mistaken... And I reserved at 2:16 PM Pacific. (six minutes later than you.)

Denver, arrived at 8:00 to a deceptive line (store is in a mall), looked like a dozen people and I was told to head upstairs. Saw a secondary line of about 80 people, figured that was pretty good, got the end and was told to head outside in the snow. The line out there was about another 100 people or so. They started taking reservations around 11am, so waited outside about 3 hours, got into the mall and waited another hour or so. I think in the end there were another 400-500 people behind me.

Loved every minute (except when I couldn't feel my toes)...

That's hardcore. I think you beat the weather that Montreal had to deal with. (they had rain and you had snow...)

opps i left at 1230. 4 hour wait

Thanks for the clarification, that means we were pacing the same.

Palm Desert here. Got there around 8:30 am.. Was about 60ish in line. Finished reserving 2 model 3's right after 11:00 am.

We got a lot of folks from San Bernardino and Riverside in Brea.

I was flying to Las Vegas from Sacramento on 3/31, but went to tesla from the airport. Took about 10 minutes and reserved my Model 3 at 2:50pm with no one in line.

Tesla store in Vegas? Still a line at 2:50pm?

My son and I needed one BBC roundup of the most famous football match ever watched on cell phone: Brazil one Germany seven ("Klose scores! Historical! Germany two Brazil nil! And Miroslav Klose is the alltime worldcup record goalscorer!" :D:D:D ) About 20 minutes later we put down our reservation ... :cool::cool:

Regards from Germany

Josh

Last edited:
Sacramento/Rocklin, CA. #7 in line, arrived around 6:00PM night before. When the store opened at 10:00 AM sharp, over 500 people in line. 7 reservation stations meant I was reserved around 10:03AM. They were very efficient! By 3:30PM the line as done. Total for the day around 4:00PM was close to 700. People arriving that morning were waiting on average 3 hours. A couple local news stations were live around 6:00AM. Surprisingly, the reporter from KCRA was very good, and was very accurate on Model 3 information.
Many of us in the local NorCal-Reno Tesla Owners and SacEV, volunteered to help orchestrate line control and information dissemination, freeing up the employees to take reservations. Thanks to Bonnie, Laura, and Omar et al, for organizing this. Laura and I discussed at 6:30 AM if the 80 copies of the Tesla trivia test she made for line sitters would be sufficient, but it was not even close. We provided donut holes and orange juice to those waiting in line while answering questions.
As a 13 month P85D owner it was a pleasure to sit in line, and help out. The day went off without a hitch.

"We got a lot of folks from San Bernardino and Riverside in Brea."

I drove from Riverside county to Plam Desert mainly to avoid the horrible 91 west slog. I actually test drove and ordered my Model S at the Brea mall store. The shorter lines at Palm Desert was a fringe benefit.

I went to the Santa Monica - 3rd Street Promenade Store right after I got off work. Arrived to the line at around 6:45am PDT with about 75 people ahead of me. After store opened at 10am, I got my reservation done by 10:40 am. I was pretty impressed how quickly the line moved!

Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall - Arrived 7 am and was handed ticket #88 by the infamous (to everyone there that day) "Ticket Guy." This was a non-Tesla person who had the foresight to bring a roll of raffle style tickets. Came in handy because security wasn't allowing a line in front of the store, or allowing anyone to gather in front of the store. When they did allow a line, everyone had a ticket and knew where to line up.

Made my reservation at approx. 10:25.

The store staff told me later the line pretty much died out at 2 pm and they estimated 800 reservations made by that time.

Stopped by the Costa Mesa, CA location around 2:30 p.m. No one in line. Walked in and made my deposit and was gone in 5 minutes. I had heard that current owners would be prioritized based on when you took delivery of your Model S/X/Roadster so saw no reason to line up early. Our neighbor across the street went to the Mission Viejo, CA location at 8:00 a.m. and was in line for 3 hours.

Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall - Arrived 7 am and was handed ticket #88 by the infamous (to everyone there that day) "Ticket Guy." This was a non-Tesla person who had the foresight to bring a roll of raffle style tickets. Came in handy because security wasn't allowing a line in front of the store, or allowing anyone to gather in front of the store. When they did allow a line, everyone had a ticket and knew where to line up.

Made my reservation at approx. 10:25.

The store staff told me later the line pretty much died out at 2 pm and they estimated 800 reservations made by that time.
Got there at 10:30 and got out at 1:15. Should have arrived at 12:30 as there were only about 50 people behind me.